Yokohama Japan K10 vs. Sunderland Englind K10

pietro

Ex. Club Member
I hear that the Jap built K10's are better.

What is the truth behind this?

When did production in Yokohama stop and why?

as far as i was aware all the k10's parts were built in japan anyway infact im sure some were built in japan and shipped over, i could be wrong. having had the jap engine in my old k10 i dont really see any difference

the K10 was never built in sunderland, the first car off the line in sunderland was the bluebird then K11, primara and almera. And i was there for all of them!
Now produce the primara, almera, K12 micra and the micra c+c. Start production of the note in jan 06 currently building the trial cars now.

thought so ;) i was alwasy under the impression all k10's were built in the land of the rising sun then shipped over.

i dont think any k10's were english built as far as i am aware, the only car that was built in japan then built in england that i know of was the nissan bluebird, sunderland plant opened in the mid 80's but only started producing bluebird's on a E reg (88) these came first of all in kits from japan and put together in sunderland, not long after they had there own panel shop and started making fully UK built bluebirds with only a few select parts still being shipped for japan. you can tell the diffrence between the two on the chassie no the Jap spec bluebirds were T12's and the UK built bluebird were the T72's, of course there rarer one is the T12 as they only inported them up to C-D and possibly a few E's to get the numbers up. there is no diffrence in build quality in these cars and no little extras that the T12 got that the T72 didnt,

i would rather have a T12 cos its rarer but thats it, my mates got one but its battered up, i suppose thats what it gets for being 21 years old but then again its not had the best of lives

to the best of my knowledge only bluebirds were built at sunderland and that ran from 88 till 91, then sunderland started producing P10 primeras, i dont know what they make now though.

in there brochures and advertisments they made a big deal out of the first UK built nissan bluebird, never seen anything about micras

pietro said:
I hear that the Jap built K10's are better.

QUOTE]

or maybe what i wrote in the last post is all lies and there are jap built k10;s and they have coilovers all round, advan 15" deep dish split rims, recaro bucket seats CA18DET standard brembo brakes and a whole lot of other goodies

lol well i have almost all the japanesh brochures for the k10 all they had that ws better was more interior trim options and more colors and special editions

ssbnreso said:
Now produce the primara, almera, K12 micra and the micra c+c. Start production of the note in jan 06 currently building the trial cars now.
as abovefwn

Speedle said:
thought so ;) i was alwasy under the impression all k10's were built in the land of the rising sun then shipped over.

Thats why they are so damn good and are the best ones hehe. ;)

micra man said:
Thats why they are so damn good and are the best ones hehe. ;)

indeed my friend as the bible sais "he who buys k10 shall be rewarded with reliablity and godly powers of the ma series engine"

Back