Yo finally did it copied the idea on dash!!

CMF_micrawhite

» CMF Member
Guys what do ya think?! I used to have PS2 and DVD and 7" Screen 12 inch FUSION sub woofer the lot but car got broken into so i thought i would start again I have had the locks removed so far and I am having central locking plus alarm fitted on friday!! Thats right baby keyless entry!!!!

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
keep us posted on the power stering mate. very interesting. i think of doing it myself. bottom of my list but keep us posted. cheers

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
thats reaaly cool!

i like that, and have also nearly brought some paint to spray my "console" and other "bits" around the car lol.

r u going to spray anything else that "white/creamy colour"?

a guy who knows about "spraying" said if u just "spary the console a colour" its bound to flake off overtime!!??

so did u , "plastic primer it, spray it, then lacquer it"??

Napster

CMF_micrawhite

» CMF Member
power steerin?? never mind yeah. Uh used plastic primer after sanding plastic with very fine sandpaper, then white car paint then clear laquer my girlfriends dad is a car painter he reckons using the primer the paint and the laquer should be safe for 20 years!! however i would recommend you use T-cut to keep the colour nice but wait 7 days for the laqcuer to completely dry before using it. As for other stuf im doing the unit around the speedo next this weekend will be finished on it by sunday and will post pics keep those comments coming and any suggestions would be great.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
thats cool info about "how long it will last"!! 20 years is quite a long time lol.

one thing id like to ask u is u "sanded it down" before u "PRIMED IT"!! thats what i dont get, cause shorly u would have made it worse by "scrathing it and stuff"???

more pics will be cool when u get it all finsihed! will look very nice indeed inside then!

cheers

napster

CMF_micrawhite

» CMF Member
Yeah sand it down, you have to use very fine paper just to give it a bit of a coarse surface for something the primer can grab onto. not a lot just a light sand, then prime it, a few coats of pimer very light, follow instructions on can and use PLASTIC PRIMER!! then a few coats of paint, then wait a while like overnight before you laqcuer it, then wait about 2 hours after that before refitting it. Another tip would be that the cigerette lighter is extremely difficult to unplug but dont break it. Also the key to a good finish sounds obvious but dont rush!
The central locking and alarm will be in by 2 tomorrow so i will get the pics of the lockless doors up for you and some of the system. I am lovin it the doors look sweet!!

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Also, can you maybe start a new post with a basic howto on removing the locks + keyless entry??? Sounds fun!!! But, only if you've got the time + effort :)
Thx!!!

Back