Yellow Lights

the lights on my k11 are perfectly white,

i used sportz blue headlights and white LED sidelights... this is the cheapest way but you could always go for HiD at £300!!!.... BTW thats what i'm doing ;)

the blue tinted standard 501 bulbs dont do much. The ilegal ones are pretty blue. I've tried white LED's but they were bluer than illegal blue ones. I use phillips blue vision W5W sidelights now and they're spot on. Almost white with a very slight blue tint, much better than the light colour from a standard 501 bulb. I also use osram silver vision zenon H4 bulbs which are excellent.

Littleleigh said:
Oh bit random but are these specs correct? im not too sure.

Thanks again.

they look ok apart from stating the top speed as 89mph, thats a bit low, i had mine to an indicated 100 with a bit left to go. :p

Slim said:
the blue tinted standard 501 bulbs dont do much. The ilegal ones are pretty blue. I've tried white LED's but they were bluer than illegal blue ones. I use phillips blue vision W5W sidelights now and they're spot on. Almost white with a very slight blue tint, much better than the light colour from a standard 501 bulb. I also use osram silver vision zenon H4 bulbs which are excellent.

I have the exact same combination of bulbs as you mate and they're great! got them both using the MSC discount too.

Not the clearest picture in the world (as i used a flash) but:

Frontleft_2.jpg

sonic said:
they look ok apart from stating the top speed as 89mph, thats a bit low, i had mine to an indicated 100 with a bit left to go. :p

89 is a very realistic top speed for a k10 on a flat road. Mine doesnt really go much above that and i rag the **** out of it. The dials DO lie, as my GPS confirmed this. You can only usually hit higher speeds going down hill!

yeah i know, but that was before gps was readily available, and it felt fast, (Probably just because of the noises it made):laugh:

Littleleigh said:
Thaks people for your input, i will see what i can do

good luck mate,

i know it took me ages trying different bulbs until i was happy.

Back