xbox 360 and nissan

R

RIK

my mate came into work today and said he read in the free paper on the bus that a new nissan is comin out in the states next week,

it has a xbox 360 built in and a large screen in the centre , you can play the game thru the steering wheel,obv wen the car is stood still/engine off

first ive herd of it anyone know anything about it? which car is it?

sounds cool

pnewhook writes "The Register reports that Microsoft and Nissan have created the first integrated gaming system within a vehicle. Not just in the vehicle, but the vehicle becomes part of the gaming system. From the article: "Conceived by Nissan Design America Inc. (NDA) and equipped with the Xbox 360 next-generation video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Nissan URGE concept car allows drivers (while parked) to play 'Project Gotham Racing 3' using the car's own steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal while viewing the game on a flip-down seven-inch LCD screen," Nissan and Microsoft said in a statement."

Sourced that from http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/29/0049210&from=rss

Sounds damn cool if its true. But what about tyre wear? :upside:

petrol guys! sittin there in car playin game eats more than u expect lol esp if u sit there 3hrs
its only 1player as std also even when car is still brake lights still come on...
turn engine off n now u got problem of battery unless they make it so when car is low battery it warns u
oh yeh full locking the wheel makes wheel stick out quite abit n another car can clip it not good results
what would it b like if say it was in the note ppl b breaking the windows none stop taking the 7" screen n prob ripping out the guys of the 360
but nice idea but in reality i cant c it happening...

Zephyr said:
petrol guys! sittin there in car playin game eats more than u expect lol esp if u sit there 3hrs
its only 1player as std also even when car is still brake lights still come on...
turn engine off n now u got problem of battery unless they make it so when car is low battery it warns u
oh yeh full locking the wheel makes wheel stick out quite abit n another car can clip it not good results
what would it b like if say it was in the note ppl b breaking the windows none stop taking the 7" screen n prob ripping out the guys of the 360
It's all fly-by-wire stuff I've heard, so when the Xbox is on and the power is off the steering wheel doesnt move the wheels (weird, but possible) and I'd assume the brake lights etc wouldn't come on either.

Would be cool if they could do it as I've always said the only way you could play a game like PGR3 with manual transmission is to be in a real car, if this comes out right then you will be able to! :cool:

Zephyr said:

Do you honestly think Nissan wouldn't have thought about any of this? Have you tried turning a car wheel on non fly-by-wire steering? Do you think that would work for a game?

have you ever actually tried to turn ur steering wheel when the engine is not running?! Not the easiest thing to do without PAS like!

there is nothing nissan can think of to stop this...ive no idea about the fly by wire stuff so dont flame at me andrew

I know it's their small car... I don't see what it has to do with another concept car with a Xbox 360 in though. Is it really easy to break into or something?

Some Pics. . .

Attachments

• 06-f3q-a.jpg
    06-f3q-a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 174
  • 06-f3q-night.jpg
    06-f3q-night.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 06-xbox360.jpg
    06-xbox360.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 163
interesting location for the xbox...

looks like a Smart Roadster crossed with a small 350Z that has lost its front bumper...

Back