WTF?

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
im sorry but i dont mean to be blunt, but its a painted rocker cover.
yes its marble paint and looks a bit like wood, but seriously you've not seen anything similar before?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
xero WROTE:

"im sorry but i dont mean to be blunt, but its a painted rocker cover.

yes its marble paint and looks a bit like wood, but seriously you've not seen anything similar before?

I'm sorry, we'll check with you before posting stuff from yahoo auctions up in case you've already seen it before.

Yes people in japan do stuff like this all the time (tartan-pattern cam/rocker covers spring to mind) but it's just the culture :p Honestly with the kind of crazy **** that they do over there, the vast majority seems to be way more.. original I guess you could say, than what people do here which often seems to be regurgitating everything done overseas.

Where's my rant thread...

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
littlebear WROTE:

"Y'know I reckon if you went beyond just the wood grain rocker cover and did as much stuff as possible to look like it is made from timber it could be a winner.

Okay, maybe not ;)

I'd wouldn't trust wooden things within my engine bay, that's for sure :p

---dens

CMF_xero

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"littlebear WROTE:<BR><BR>"Y'know I reckon if you went beyond just the wood grain rocker cover and did as much stuff as possible to look like it is made from timber it could be a winner.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Okay, maybe not ;)"</DIV><BR><BR>I'd wouldn't trust wooden things within my engine bay, that's for sure :p<BR><BR>---dens

thats because it wooden go?

deNs WROTE:

"xero WROTE:<BR><BR>"im sorry but i dont mean to be blunt, but its a painted rocker cover.<BR><BR>yes its marble paint and looks a bit like wood, but seriously you've not seen anything similar before?<BR><BR><BR><BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>I'm sorry, we'll check with you before posting stuff from yahoo auctions up in case you've already seen it before. <BR><BR>Yes people in japan do stuff like this all the time (tartan-pattern cam/rocker covers spring to mind) but it's just the culture :p Honestly with the kind of crazy **** that they do over there, the vast majority seems to be way more.. original I guess you could say, than what people do here which often seems to be regurgitating everything done overseas. <BR><BR>Where's my rant thread...<BR><BR>---dens<BR>

no need to get your tits in a twist.. turbo's reply pretty much sums up everything.

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
its cool... if that was in Oz. and could get it for less than $50 i'd consider...

officer "any modfications to your engine?"
me "yeah i jsut wittled a rocker cover out of wood"

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Something I'd love to see as i'm sure someone's done it before - clear cam covers. I've seen clear cam gear covers, they're nothing new. But to actually see the cams go round and round would be pretty cool, but might look pretty **** as it'd get squirted with oil almost instantly :p plus there'd be all the crank ventilation stuff underneath the top.. Hmm maybe it's not the best idea ever.

---dens

Back