WTB manual gearbox, Melbourne.

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Hey everyone, I need a 5sp manual gearbox, bearings are shot in the one in the Super S, anyone selling one in melbourne? or is willing to get one couriered from elsewhere?

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Yep i'm on to that Mick, handy with the tools, but laying on my back at pick a part isn't one of my favorite passtimes, looks like that's what ill be doing on wednesday though unless someone else comes through with something...

CMF_bmdubu m3

» CMF Member
Food for thought Dala, I had same issue with my box, got quoted 800 to overhaul... Thought bugger that, pulled the box out myself stripped it and it was the input shaft bearing that let go... Cost me 20 bucks for new bearing got it pressed on at local mechanic for nothing And put it back together and was good as new... If your handy with tools give it it a go I say.... Either way your box needs to come out so won't hurt....

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
If its just the input shaft bearing its piss easy :)
Make sure you diagram where stuff goes other wise you will have problems
Just don't buy from Nissan that bearing is ex Japan? So compare it to an aftermarket one :)

CMF_Dala

» CMF Member
Well I have swapped out from a box from pickapart, so if anyon want a gearbox that might just need an input shaft bearing, it's sitting in my driveway. have it for a case of beer. lol

Back