WTB/info about Headers

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
JPK11 WROTE:

"How do I buy through yahoo jp, kinda new at this

Either Jesse Streeter, Import Monster or other business/person that imports

Streeter is a busy man, so you might get a reply with a quote after about 2days, but highly recommended

CMF_DumpsterMummy

» CMF Member
Wallie WROTE:

"who are you using to buy from yahoo japan?

also what kind of modding for air-con is required?

You need to modify the number 1 runner, it fouls on the alternator. So to either tuck it in tighter or just nick out a little. You can space the alternator out a little bit (A few mm) to make it easier. There's heaps of info on it on the forum so a quick search will give you pictures, more info etc.

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Hurricane now make an AC friendly set. just make sure your parts guy specifically asks the lady.

i agree the quality isnt 100%

but they do the job. dont try to install at home on jack stands unless you want to remove the radiator and all near by.

i used a hoist and it was still a pain in the assenholle.

Liverpool exhausts are the supplier.

CMF_JPK11

» CMF Member
woohoomobile WROTE:

"Hurricane now make an AC friendly set. just make sure your parts guy specifically asks the lady.

i agree the quality isnt 100%

but they do the job. dont try to install at home on jack stands unless you want to remove the radiator and all near by.

i used a hoist and it was still a pain in the assenholle.

Liverpool exhausts are the supplier.

Why do you say it was a pain? the headers are on the opposite side to the radiator (LX no air con) so how would that be a pain ?

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
I went to fit my hurricanes, and the holes didnt line up with the head studs properly. I put the grinder thru them to seperate each pipe so i could fit them, alternatively I could have made the holes bigger, I also had to make a piece to go from the end of the headers to the cat with a flexi joint in it, yes they are a bit fiddly to fit when on stands but not to bad, I have no complaints about mine since fitting

ask Liverpool exhausts if they sell the piece to go between headers and cat, if they make them it will save a lot of work

also hurricanes end in 40mm not 2"(50mm) if this matters to you

CMF_JPK11

» CMF Member
Liverpool is only 30 minutes away lucky for me :)

I was thinking of running the stock second can and a 40mm straight pipe to either a rear muffle or straight out the back. 40mm should be enough backpressure right?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
JPK11 WROTE:

"Liverpool is only 30 minutes away lucky for me :)

I was thinking of running the stock second can and a 40mm straight pipe to either a rear muffle or straight out the back. 40mm should be enough backpressure right?

backpressure is an unwanted side effect :)

CMF_JPK11

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"kovert.k11 WROTE:

"hurricanes are pov - aspect or mulholland ftw 'ay"</div>

Nissanmania once did a dyno comparison of hurricanes v new impuls and the results were pretty interesting!

Hurricanes actually look alright. more lower end seems more usuable, everyday driving sort of thing. So sick of the stock micra having absolutely nothing under 3k

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
not having used impuls personally, i can't make a call on them versus hurricanes - but i do recall having a conversation with TMRS about aspects being more responsive than impul extractors...i just know from having used hurricane, aspect and mulholland that the mid-range response in particular of the jdm manufactured headers is superior to that of hurricanes...the build quality is also way better when compared to hurricanes - in the end, all comes down to budget and personal preference

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
i don't think there's much on the market in the way of headers at the moment, can also email importmonster & they can have a look aswell as they have sources outside of japan yahoo auctions.

im also looking but havent the cash to spend but. here's what i have found on upgarage, now you can organise someone to buy & ship from the abouve mentioned :)
http://www.upgarage.com/upgarage/stock/1/2/1209003010361/003?size=m

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
JPK11 WROTE:

"**** that's bloody expensive for headers. not to mention by the time you get it to aus

If I can't sell my turbo kit within the next month, and I install it, you can have my extractors

CMF_JPK11

» CMF Member
Mulholland! :)

that place is dodgy, did a full system install incl headers on a mates lux and the whole thing was spot welded. lol and my mate couldn't figure why it sounded like **** and had no backpressure when it was a 2 inch straight system with one muffler on a 2.7L

Back