WTB: GO FAST BITS and DASH POD

CMF_boingk

» CMF Member
Hey Chris, leave the exhaust stock but punch the middle out of the rear cat if its clogged. The rear muffler is fairly free flowing but you may enjoy something smaller and louder. Fit headers first and see how you like the note.

Hit up nism for headers, he's getting back to me this evening with a quote.

Cheers - boingk

CMF_boingk

» CMF Member
Forgot to mention, junk the stock intake and use 3" diameter piping to join a filter on. Mount it near the right hand headlight, plenty of room. Or just throw a mushroom style ramflo filter on the throttle body.

CMF_chrisk11

» CMF Member
But bashing out the rear cat wouldn't increase performance would it? Also with the ramflow mushroom style filter straight on the throttlebody would just bring in hot air?

When running the 3" diameter piping towards the headlight do I through a pod filter on the end of it? Or just leave it open? Haha

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Always run a filter.
Personally i disagree about running a 3" intake... i believe a smaller diameter would be better for intake velocity. Just my opinion and not backed by Micra related results.

Middle cat isn't terribly restrictive but having 2 cats is excessive so getting rid of one will improve performance. ... and the middle one is the best option i think... if you keep the stock exhaust manifold. Rather chase down some Hurricane headers to replace the stock and keep the middle cat for legal reasons.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Nistune is available for the aus delivered K11, it's the type 5 board, so do some research and find your local tuner that is a Nistune rep and talk to them. I got mine done recently. Supply, install and setup+tune cost me just shy of $1k. I've only got extractors and exhaust so far and only gained 2.5hp at the top end but i got 10-13% more power through the usable rev range and much better fuel economy.

CMF_chrisk11

» CMF Member
Also I seen on micra sports club page on facebook (uk) they said throwing a ga16de airbox on gives better response?? And goes straight onto the cg13de throttle body? Not to sure though

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
I have just got extractors and exhaust. No other performance mods yet. It's still running the stock airbox and ducting. The extra 2.5hp is at the top end where the engine starts to run out of air cos of the restrictive intake system. You can't tune more power in if you can't get more air in.
but the gain throughout the rev range is noticeable.

I also read that about the ga16 airbox. I believe it has a bigger filter and bigger volume after the filter than the cg13 one which should help response... the engine will have a larger volume of air immediately available when the throttle is opened.

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
I have just got extractors and exhaust. No other performance mods yet. It's still running the stock airbox and ducting. The extra 2.5hp is at the top end where the engine starts to run out of air cos of the restrictive intake system. You can't tune more power in if you can't get more air in.
but the gain throughout the rev range is noticeable.

I also read that about the ga16 airbox. I believe it has a bigger filter and bigger volume after the filter than the cg13 one which should help response... the engine will have a larger volume of air immediately available when the throttle is opened.

Back