wtb-coilovers

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
how much you looking to spend,
they can be had new now days for less than $1500.

you can pay that just for decent dampeners and springs,
with out the adjustable options of the coilovers.

i know a guy out your way that imports some, pm me if interested

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
RBLUV WROTE:

"They are $1150 because they are made in china.

Not JDM enough for you buddy?

everything is made in china, good and the bad.

FFS our Micras were made in a depressing old factory on the depressing English coast, by depressing Englishmen and immigrants, In a dying national industry that was still living on what it once was in the 50's and 60's.

with the crash rating of an easter egg and the way the radiator supports rust on our cars, Chinese coil overs may well be the best part lol.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
My view is they look great but still have a way to go! The Japanese are proven and you know what you are getting. I have never personally owned a car with Chinese coilovers fitted but have driven and been in and know alot of people who have had them aswell. They are good value if you can get them cheap enough!! My VR4 coilovers cost me $550 new and I wouldn't pay anymore than that. Alot of stories of the cheapies leaking and they don't seem to ride any different regardless of settings imo!

If I had my mind set on coilovers at a budget I would buy secondhand! This is MY view only.

CMF_GRUMPY

» CMF Member
bryan3976 WROTE:

"wats ue lowest you guys can get with the bcs

I'm running 560mm from wheel arch to ground direct line through centre of wheel all round.. could easy drop another 25mm but don't want any problems with tyre rub.. i'm running 195x45x15 7" rims

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
I have a set of "TEIN Down Low Cool Style Master Type WAGON" to suit Z10/K11 - Looking for $450, located in Sydney.

A member had dibs on them, but hasn't got back to me yet if keen. If you are interested let me know and I'll get back to you once I hear from the first guy! (confusing enough??)

CMF_omegak11

» CMF Member
Nope, got some 'With' branded coilovers a couple of weeks after buying the Teins in Japan. I put the 'With' branded ones in first due to having more adjustment in height and I'm happy with them, now the Teins are not needed.

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
id be interested in the teins mate,, i stay in chatswood but currently in the uk, be back around febuary. if i sorted you the cash via bank transfer would you be able to drop them around to my house?

CMF_chargeR

» CMF Member
bryan3976 WROTE:

"wats ue lowest you guys can get with the bcs

BCs with 2 collars removed at the front and no collars at the rear:

wompwomp.jpg

Tyres are 185/60R13. Ride comfort is not great, and wasn't much better at a more reasonable height. Knob seems to adjust between crashy and underdamped feeling, to really crashy and overdamped. But they are relatively well made, have lasted more than 35,000kms at this ride height so for the price I am pretty happy with them.

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
chargeR, i have always loved your k11 man! it looks awesome with that ride height and wheels. what are the specs of your wheels?

Gotta pay to play right? haha

Back