Wrong side on the road

L

labbi

Hi.
I will be visiting the U.K. in september. I have been there many times before, mostly London. Now I am planning to have a rental car and drive from Standsted to Salisbury, visit Stonehendge and other places. One thing worries me.....now I have to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road.........:upside:

labbi said:
One thing worries me.....now I have to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road.........:upside:

If you let us know when your here, and I shall avoid those areas - just in case..

Kidding :) :)

Some useless information:

While some countries have transferred from left to right, the only case recorded of a transfer from right to left is in Okinawa on 30 July 1978.

A newspaper story one April Fool's Day suggested that, to further European integration, the UK was to convert to driving on the right. However, owing to the huge amount of work this conversion would cause, it would be phased in: for the first six months the regulation would only apply to buses and taxis.

o_O :k10: :k11yellow

And some relavent useless information:

One area which is not standardised is the location of the turn signal lever. In most places, the turn signal is mounted on the left side of the steering column. This includes right-hand-drive vehicles in the UK, and left-hand-drive vehicles in America and continental Europe. Vehicles built in Australia and Japan, however, have the turn signal lever mounted on the right. At one time this meant that cars made by Nissan in Britain had the signals and wiper controls one way round, but cars made by Nissan in Japan for the British market had them the opposite way round. In recent years most Japanese cars sold in the British Isles seem to conform to the European convention.

since you will be in a Right-hand-drive anyway, if you do decide to drive on the right it will feel unnatural, so i think you wont have a problem

Back