Would you buy a console to play ONE game?

kristian

One Way Mule
Ive just sold my modded xbox for 170 quid,

It was a crystal Xbox with 160GB drive, Sound reactive neons with contoller and an uprated and illuminated fan, 2 Crystal controllers and about 40 games and about 30 N64 games... Ive buying myself an xbox 360 for xmas and needed the money...

BUT...

I was in Gamestation yesterday and saw a game Ive wanted to play again for YEARS!!!

RUSH 2049 - on the dreamcast.. for 4.99 BARGAIN!.. Ive seen it go on ebay for 30+quid...

So I picked up a dreamcast console
3 Pads
1 Memory card
and 11 games INC 'RUSH 2049'

..for just under 30 quid!... WOW!

What a shame this console died.. its a class act and for 30 quid for a full set-up who can complain...

Moreover, The game IS as good as I remember and My friends an I have put at least 12 hours into it over the last two days!!... ha ha

SO in answer to my title.. YES.. ha ha

Easy answer is yes, I once bought a Saturn again for Virtua Cop 1+2 and still have my Dreamcast for some games.
If these worked good on emulators I'd have them on the PC instead.

I'm tempted to buy a Wii just for Wii Sports... But my question is, why do the console manufacturers NEVER learn from their (and others) mistakes?!

GAME said:
Please note: The GAME.co.uk Wii preorder system is seperate to that operating in GAME stores. Strictly one per customer. Nintendo has not yet confirmed launch allocations, and due to expected high demand we are now unable to guarantee delivery for Christmas .
Amazon said:
We are currently unable to offer this item. It may be out of stock at the manufacturer. If you would like to purchase this item, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available.
gameplay.co.uk said:
Please note we have sold out for day one delivery. However we are working closely with our partner Nintendo to make sure all customer orders get despatched as soon as possible.

Argos.co.uk said:
We have sold out of our initial allocation of the Nintendo Wii console. However we are expecting many further allocations prior to Christmas.

yeah cos they're being tight, they dont want to over produce or over stock their machines losing money in the process. they make an optimistic predictions of potential customers but it seems to be too optsmistic all the time.

im surprised however that nintendo Wii is a sell out!! £170 for a console is good value for money but that could help fund a PS3 or 360.

The Wii looks like alot of fun! I'd probably have that over the Xbox or PS3 because i've already got an Xbox and PS2! They're good enough for me at the moment

xbox is getting so much cheaper no, for the full system inc 2 games you pay only 299 where as last year it was 370 for just the console

the Wii looks ace ! but i think the 'Revolution' was a better name. it buggs me so much that they release consoles in december ! why not release them in august/september give time for people to get them in time for xmas.

MGS4 is not out yet Paddy!

But when it is, my missus is going to be well Pee'd off as I will be on it all day and night!!!

Just got the PS3's this morning, no time to hook up as biz with work at the mo, Getting a new Sony (46X2000) lcd on Friday so will wait till then to hook up.
My mate took his and he just rang me. he said Ridge Racer is awsome!

I have a wii on preorder at Argos. getting that just for one game - Zelda
Plus afew others for my lad, Tyler!

Ive had every console at launch from the Playstation 1 through to the Nintendo DS.. LOADS of um.. but the 360 was just to much at the time for me so had to stop the trend..

If ive not got a 360 before Halo 3 then I WILL buy one on its launch day..

and Probably a PS3 for GT5

the dreamcast is an uber console ive got a huge collection of stuff for it inc 3 consoles 70+ games more controllers then you can shake a cat at steering wheel, gun etc etc, its really easy to download games for it to most will boot from copies if not you can get a boot disc :)

You need an early model Dreamcast though, the later ones refuse to play any CD-Rs, luckily mine was bought within the first year of it coming out so my "home made" games (Just an MP3 player, honest) work fine! :D

Back