Wot, No ecu light?

G

gary

Hi, thanks for the tip on re-soldering the joints in the throttle body, it fixed what I thought would be an expensive problem.

My next problem, only discovered when looking at the first, is-

I have an m reg K11U 1.3. everything I can find about the diagnostics say there will be either an engine light on the dash, or led’s on the box. My car does not have either.

Can this be right, or am I having an attack of the stupids? I have removed the panel and can see the box clearly, there appear to me 4 small holes in the side, but no led’s.
The dashboard does not have an engine electrics light or an exhaust temp light. I did the link and looked to see if anything flashed, but there was nothing.

I have not had the car long, and was wondering if it was possible for the previous owner to have disabled it. Any answers appreciated.

I bought the micra as a temporary runabout while we were without a car but fell in love with it and have decided to keep it, or even trade it in for a newer one.

When the ignition is on but the engine off do you get an engine light on the dash?

Ed said:
When the ignition is on but the engine off do you get an engine light on the dash?

No!. just the Two Brake in upper left and charge and oil lower left.( all red )

Ah, rather odd! If i remember right, one of the pins outputs the lightflashes on the diag plug, although I cant help you with which one right now. Ill try and find a diagram.

Ed said:
Ah, rather odd! If i remember right, one of the pins outputs the lightflashes on the diag plug, although I cant help you with which one right now. Ill try and find a diagram.

It may be a good idea for me to get a code reader then?

I have become so fond of the car in the few days I have had it that I have decided to get a newer one with power steering and central locking, which are my only dislikes about the one I have. Any advice on getting one would be appreciated, as the 1.3 (or 1.4) seem very thin on the ground.

There are lots of 1.3s about. 1.4s are a fair bit harder to find.

Back