Woohoo...'Little Bandit' is down to 665 kgs!!!

Dave Bull

Ex. Club Member
And here's the reason why...

1996 Nissan Micra 1.0 L

DSCF0091.jpg

Minimal exhaust system = less weight!

DSCF0092.jpg

Plexiglass windows = less weight!

DSCF0093.jpg

Ditched window mechanisms, no interior locks or handles + support = less weight!

DSCF0094.jpg

Removal of dash & all other useless deadweight = less weight!

DSCF0095.jpg

Removal of useless interior = less weight!

DSCF0096.jpg

And then stick as much power in the car as your wallet will allow...LOL!!!

DSCF0097.jpg

Cheers

Dave

cant wait to see what you do on a 1/4 now. You just need to find a way to get more traction now, then its going to be a supercar eating weapon :D

thats like 575 bhp per tonne, that is silly!!! thats bigger power to weight ration than a caterham 7 r500 superlight. thats is one hell of an achievment. I would love a run in that if it had a passenger seat

im surpised that youve got the aerial mask in it still

why not put in a rear view mirror and get rid of the passenger side mirror that way you will still be road legal and save some more weight

Are you going to be getting any carbon fiber panels made up?? much lighter than current steel ones, bit expensive though!!!! oh and i couldnt agree with you more with the "Loud Cans Save Lives" sticker!!!!! wikid car mate, but yeah i would take the sticker off and tint the windows so from the outside it looks standard (xcept the pipe).. Nice one!

Wow looks the buisness!!
How much were the windows?

How does:

The front REG
The Exhaust emissions and noise

affect the MOT?

The front registration is of legal size & legal sizing of the lettering, so it is fine.

The car had a engineers report done for tax & insurance reasons, in which the engine was classified as a pre' 92, hence why no CAT is required...a beautiful legal loophole...LOL.

As for noise levels, yes it is loud, very loud, but there aren't any laws concerning MOT requirements that state a noise DB max. limit.

im surpised that youve got the aerial mask in it still

why not put in a rear view mirror and get rid of the passenger side mirror that way you will still be road legal and save some more weight

I couldn't get the screws out as they are rounded off, so I just left it...LOL!

As for the weight saving...I could get some more from it, like a few minor brackets here are there, but unless I go a bit crazy, like the spare wheel well for example, then it won't loose much more.

With the Bogart Racing wheels that I have ordered for the car arrive, it should loose another 15-20 kgs.

The Bogart Racing 'Pro-4' wheel only weight 6.4 lbs each and it's 15*8" in size.

Are you going to be getting any carbon fiber panels made up?? much lighter than current steel ones, bit expensive though!!!! oh and i couldnt agree with you more with the "Loud Cans Save Lives" sticker!!!!! wikid car mate, but yeah i would take the sticker off and tint the windows so from the outside it looks standard (xcept the pipe).. Nice one!

Exactly...expense is the issue...LOL!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Yes, it is still road legal, and you can have a go if you come up and say hello. (I will be at Knockhill next Sunday...hopefully!!!)

As for noise levels, yes it is loud, very loud, but there aren't any laws concerning MOT requirements that state a noise DB max. limit.

Im not sure i think there are limits... But however i know for a fact if the MOT tester thinks its exceissive, then he can fail the car without measurements.

i had that aswell with my exhaust, mot testers dont give a damn how loud it is as there isnt any db limit plus how many mot centres have db testing equipment? and they wont put a limit in the future either, its only when you get a kitcar (or any car i think) sva'd then they will test the exhaust db @ 2500 revs iirc

Do you need a wristband for a passenger ride or can you just take anyone?

p.s im the guy that came up and said hello at Falkirk cruise :)

Daz

With you struggling for traction anyway, isn't going even lighting going to emphasise this problem and make it more difficult to get traction, thus causing slower times?

Let me know about the wristband situation for passengers mate! Really interested in a race or two :) Will get the camera rigged up too hehe

Nah, not really.

One of the problems I've always had is weight transfer.

If you look at this video of the car at the USSC this year, you will see that the front end rises and the rear sags when I launch!

http://media.putfile.com/micra1

With the new suspension, I have set the rebound dampers to the maximum setting so the front end doesn't rise as much under acceleration & when changing gears!

Another factor is the power output...

You will always struggle to put down 350+ HP on 195 tyres...period.

I need to get my slicks (where the hell are they Jamie??????) and get it to a well prepped drag strip like Santa Pod.

It's potentially a 10 second car, but at Crail, it will never happen, simply due to the surface quality.

You should fit a GT3071R turbo to that engine.. Only 965 delievered ;) It will make 1.7bar@3500 rpm right to the red line on those engines.... Good for about 450+ HP. I say that as I have mapped loads of them on pulsars now, and they are crazy.

Christ Ed, I'm not made of money...LOL!

I just fitted my new turbo a number of weeks ago...

Here is the spec...

AET Engineering hybrid turbo called the GT297153R.

Here is what it consists of...

GT30 STYLE SMALL TRIM TURBINE WHEEL
GT35 COMPRESSOR WHEEL
0.86 A/R T/HSG INTERNAL WASTEGATE
0.5 A/R C/HSG
WATERCOOLED.
10 PSI ACT

I've compared the two turbos, and to be honest, there isn't much between them...LOL!

its the standing weight and the stationary "potential" energy that is stopping him from getting the power down...... if it was a 2 tonne fwd car, then he would have a lot more weight to move.... and it would just wheelspin

the less weight he has the easier it will be for him to increase momentum to a point where he over comes wheelspin...

Amazing mate, this thing is awesome. I might try and make it up this Sunday then to see it, what time is it open from? And defo try and get it on the stand for December, that would be awesome!

Back