Wires Cut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Today i reconnected the ignition idle control system cable, which had been cut?!? :glance: not by me!

Why would someone want to cut this connection?....and yes it was cut, i'm 100% sure of it.

And another question....

If you put a air filter on instead of the standard air pan, what happens to the vacuum tube that is connected to the air pan.....would blocking this up with a screw be ok, or would this cause damage to the engine?

thanks in advance....

Curtis.

Block it, that hose is only for when the engine is hot to stop it running rich, however with a freeflow filter there is no danger of this.
Someone probs cut the idle control system cos they were getting a rough idle and thought it was the electrics, people do crazy things.

are you on about the wires that control the autochoke? mine snapped for no reason at all!

they are the ones in the connector on the one side of the air pan....the only reason they would fall apart or snap is because the air pan is been taken off without disconnecting them first.

if you on the side of the car with the drivers door and washer bottle + bonnet rod......then its on the other side of the air pan....it goes to somewhere on the carb....white and white/black cables from green/blk and green/white

Oh right, the one on the drivers side is for the idle control thingy. I'm guessing the other one is autochoke.

omg i think i might have this problem aswell its been splutteringall week and its got major bad rough idle.

That just adjusts the idle if you turn on the headlights and heater system. If you have a rough idle with everything turned off, it won't be that. (that box is rarely ever a problem on a k10)

and the drivers side air pan wires controls the autochoke, not the idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back