Messed up wires

I have had a quote to have my micra rewired cos its all been cut and butchered
they wanted £150 + to do it.

I lift it and ran a wire from the battery to power the sterio and speedo for the reason i wanted the rewiring.

Now i want a sat nav but dont hve the cigerette lighter or the wires as far as i know.

I thought if i run a posotive & negative wire straight from the battery and cut the wire that would be on the sat navs ciggerette lighter adapter and connect it up would it work ok.

I could fuse it depending on the fuse needed but i wanted to know if this would work ok.

Halfords wwanted £40 to hardwire it.

Thanks
Appreciate the advice any more info just ask

Dazza

no, sat navs are 5volts, (well the ones ive had are) and obviously the car battery is 12, so expect smoke if you do. you would need a 5volt regulator or summat similar.

where do you live?

just make sure you put a fuse on any wire from the battery and as close to the battery as possible otherwise you have a risk of a fire if there is a short circuit

if i wire a cigerette lighter splitter in fused obv

If i then connect it using the adapter out of the box will this work

Thanks

Dazza

PS i am from middlesbrough in the north east

the wiring for the cigarette lighter is already in there its just a plug at least it was in my 1.0 don't see why it wouldn't be in yours. I was lucky enough to have a written off micra at my disposable and it took the unit form it and plugged it into my dash and took 5 mins.

So my advice is go to the scrappies and unplug this from one and plug it into yours and save yourself the hassle.

I can get a lighter from the scrappies i have got one but i dont have toe plug for it bhind the dash where it goes

All my wires were messed up before i got the car and i thought this might be an easy way to be able to plug in more than one device.

If i were you I'd get it re-wired, it seems expensive but wiring is important and you don't wanna find any other problems.
I'm re-wiring my car myself cos I don't like how it's been done, a Haynes manual will help you with wiring diagrams etc.

I know but i only intend hjaving the car while i get used to driving cos i only passsed ma test not long ago then im upgrading to a better one so all i want to know is if my idea will work for #### sake i only wanted to know it it would work and all ####ing people are coming up with is what ive thought a way aroound this

abuse is not helping anyone! stop having a go and listen to these people becuase they know so much more than you do,

why ask for help when your just gonna throw it back at us! grr grr

i know you trying to help but beacuse the car was only £200 i dont want to spend money on it as its onli a banger 4 ma first car however ciondition is good

I dont mean to have a go but i did post to find out if this would work for me Thanks for telling me olly

I appreciate

Back