Wire amp

Does anyone know the amperage for for the wiring loom looking at replacing the entire thing with completely new wiring preferably with slightly higher amperage also any hints and tips would be nice as I've never done this before

That's one hell of a headache you're planning for yourself there lol, unless it's absolutely nessasery i wouldn't go that route in a hurry. But anyway the amp profiles appear to range from 15 - 35, the main buses have the thickest, higher rated wire because they feed everything else. Generally the wire must be rated higer than the fuse in that circuit so that in the event of an overload the fuse will blow long before the wire begins to melt. So you're keeping your car now then?
It's a yo-yo decision then :laugh:

Cheers porkpie, after much thought through the night I'll just replace knackered wires rather than the whole thing like you said it'd be a massive headache as for keeping the car god knows I couldn't make a decision if my life depended on it lol the thing is she's a brilliant little motor that's seen off some bigger newer engines

Back