Wiper Motor not working - linkage fixed

Please can anyone help. My wife has an 54 plate Micra 5 door, I know that one of the common problems is the linkage arm falling off. This happened to my wifes car and we clipped it back on.

Then it came off and something else must have happened as when we put it back on the wiper motor was not even making a sound. So after reasearching on the net, I found out where the fuse was, not the easiest of places to get to, it was under the front passenger light in a fuse box, checked it was a 20 amp fuse and was in perfect order.

So went and got a WORKING motor replacement from my local scrap dealer. Fitted this and whilst doing so put some clips (purchased on the internet) to fix the arm back on so it would not pop off.

Then put the car back together but without putting the wipers on. Not a peep, no sound coming from the motor nothing, so now I am completely stumped as to what it could be?

Has anyone any ideas, or am I just better off going to my local garage?

Thanks
Barry

Had a similar problem with mine 54 plate. Fortunately for me the motor was working. The clips from ebay only work for while then same problem. Repaired it by buying new arms from ebay. As far as motor goes may not be the issue. As the one from scrap yard also doesn't work. Got to be a fuse. Have you tried wiring the scrap yard one direct to your battery to see if it runs (may not be advisable) Just brain storming ideas. That way you by-pass any fuses and would be sure if motor was the real issue.

Back