windscreen-wiper problems

Can you be more specific? Under what conditions do they work or don't work, such as intermittent setting, fast setting, etc

they always work on the fastest setting,but are errattic on slow & intermittent.tx

when they are being erraric...do they ever stop halfway accross the screen (ie they dont self-park)...if so, suspect the wiper motor for sure

if thay ALWAYS return to the parked position (but sometimes never start a cycle...suspect the combination switch.....

does the 'wash' (without swiching to wipe) cause the wipers to clear the water reliably...or does this result in the same type of eratic behaviour as the INT and NORM positions?

If the Motor, Switches and Arms still work and your wipers are in good nick, then it must be imo your Intermittent relay

You'll find it just by the Alternator, it's a little Black Box with wires coming out of it.....this may not be the case for all models.

windscreen-wipers problem

hello all & thanks again your replies. the errattic INT & NORM positions were causing abnormal parking on screen & slowness. i usually have to start in the FAST position: to get any function.i think i've only got the FAST function now. regards

hello all & thanks again your replies. the errattic INT & NORM positions were causing abnormal parking on screen & slowness. i usually have to start in the FAST position: to get any function.i think i've only got the FAST function now. regards

OK,

It is 99.9% certain to be the MOTOR that needs replacing (since the NORM setting bypasses the relay box, and it is the internals of the motor that is in charge of parking the wipers if & when the circuit is interupted)

Back