Windscreen washer

• Thread starter Deleted member 29304
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29304

Hi All,

I have notice that every time I lift the bonnet up on place it on its stay, there appears to be a lot of splash water marks and extra water lying on the body work around the w/screen wiper hinge section and also on the air box is the wind screen washer rubber pipes leaking or something else?

Yours Peter 0003:confused:

Just under the windscreen, it's the bit that runs into the engine bay.
Use the search function and you will find a picture on there for sure.

Hi Davyboy, Its not the cowl is it ? that was getting wet. If it's the same item as yours this runs along the bottom of the windscreen and is held in place by the wiper arms. I have looked on Google images & found the scuttle pan I do remember that it was one area that I painted with waxoyl. And I may have found out where that water splashes are coming from when I at home, I park my car in an underground car park/ garage area and the water is coming from the cracks in ceiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Davyboy, Its not the cowl is it ? that was getting wet. If it's the same item as yours this runs along the bottom of the windscreen and is held in place by the wiper arms. I have looked on Google images & found the scuttle pan I do remember that it was one area that I painted with waxoyl. And I may have found out where that water splashes are coming from when I at home, I park my car in an underground car park/ garage area and the water is coming from the cracks in ceiling.
Better than a rusty scuttle pan then ... lol:D

Back