Window tint film

Ive tried doing it myself. I done the read sides okay, they are pop outs so did them at home. Had to get a pro to do the back though. TOO difficult for me!

I would just get a pro to do it properly, A bloke near my charges £25 a window, and they are really good as my mate got em done!

Anyone know anything about Film?

Like what ones are good ect?

I've been tempted to do mine myself, but I plan to take the window out to do it lol.

Hi, The rear window is damn near immpossible to do at home because of the curved glass. I mean it could be done but ive tried a few times now and ended up with creases etc. Probably spent more on film than what it would of cost pro:p. So if u have the chance get the rear done proffesionally do it. But the back side windows are alot easier.

Hope this helps

Flat_out

I live about a sign shop that sometimes tint windows, so I might be able to nab one of them and see if they can do it on the cheap for me.

Need to get my MSC stickers on the windows too!!

Prices vary from place to place. Ive seen it at car shows for £5 a roll, but my local motorworld where selling it at around £20 a roll not long ago so its best to look around(Y). Have you tried ebay??

I have seen some guys mess this up on a k11 didnt look too good and he wasted £25 for it is they any law on which colours and shades you can use? :p

Back 3 windows can be as dark as you desire with any colour/shade. But as far as im aware you should leave the front three well alone. Ive heard your allowed around 15% shade on the fronts but this could be wrong

Flat_out

i bought mine with tints?there as dark the front as they are on the back,

is this mot failure?

tryme, i have done these before on my civic,its not that hard its just a nak to it.

also have you seen that lupo gti in silver around ours?

might pop over if your about over the weekend?

Not sure if it's MOT failure but I know the front ones can't be no where near as dark as the back, some police bother with it but most don't unless you get pulled for another reason.

my mates got the lupo in silver not sure if it's him though but he lives oposite the courts

Yeah i'll see what i'm doing u got msn? if u want pm me your addy

Tinting on the front side windows is not normally a failure item on the mot.The only way it can be illegal is by police intervention where an opacity meter is used to check % of light passing through to the cabin.I am not sure how many forces have one of these meters avaliable to check ,but why bother with the hassle,cost to have to remove it.Having said that one of my old cars had all side and rear windows done and I never got stopped and it looked gooooooooooooood!-Jon

MOT testing places do not check the Window Tint, the worst thing that can happen is you get pulled by a cop with the light reader in his car.

They normally give you a choice to take it off at the side of the road or be fined and take it off at home.

Still nobody know if the quality of the film makes much difference?

Yeah I think they make you scratch some of it off so they know your going to take the rest off when you get home because they know you wont want to drive around with a bit missing. I love the silver reflective kind of looking tints you get on the back windows. I want that baaad

yeah my dad was saying it has to allow 75% of light which is wht they leave the factory with any way or something. So yeah, leave well alone.

Back