will you fit 6" speakers in the doors?

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
I recently updated my rear speakers and found i had to get a refund, because theyre actually 6.5" speakers.
BE WARNED! Dont make the same mistake i did :)

I looked for 6" to 6.5" adapters but all the places i went didnt know of any.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Yep > 6.5in, the prob is their mounted depth and hence the possible need for spacers. I think somebody measured how much room there is once, 77mm or something?

Alex

Attachments

• 12527.jpg
    12527.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 25

CMF_philly

» CMF Member
i got 6.5" alpine components in the doors of my k11. got them fitted and the fitter said slotted straight no problems.tweeters then flushed into doors.looks well trick. best bet is to power them off an amp. mine sound awsome run off a toxic amp.so 6.5" should do. philly

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I also have Alpine 6.5" splits. The woofers sit on top of these little plastic speaker basses that I think must have come with the Alpines. Its all a perfect fit. Those basses just give the speaker the required depth etc.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
except music coming from behind you is really horrible, and it's pretty much a sin to have ANY speakers in the back of a car in my opinion.

do you goto a rock concert and face the back of the room? no.

aaah well!

CMF_nzallblacks1

» CMF Member
so the best bet would be to go to the local provider and get something fitted in stock.

im looking to replace the two door speakers with speaker/head unit combo and a small amp under the seat to power them. what sort of cost were you guys looking at who have a similar sort of system?

Back