Will these bulbs

cheers olli,

Im fairly sure there h4 bulbs.

How do you take the existing bulbs out? Just unscrew the cap at the back of the lights?

Unplug the cable from the bulb, this can sometimes be stiff, I've used a flat headed screw driver in the past.
Remove the rubber bit which goes around the back of the headlight
Unclip the bulb, it's held in by a strange spring type thing!
The sidelight is slightly lower down in a square casing type thing, I think you just turn it anti-clockwise 45-90° and then pull it out and remove the bulb.

Re-assemble in reverse order

H4

Yes the Micra uses H4 12v 60/55w bulbs. Be careful not to use high wattagebulbs as they may not only melt existing wiring but also meld / discolour lens reflector.

Wattage

60/55w is the legal limit for the H4 bulb. You can get upto 130/90 which are very bright.

There are loads of different types of H4 bulbs out there which are within the ECE Reg 37 (European Regulation).

You can have:

Normal,
+30% Brighter
+60% Brighter
Ice Blue (Whiter Light)
All Weather (Goldish colour)

There is a lot more than just these, soon there is a +60 New Blue coming out which have a retail price of £30.oo (I Think) top dogs these.

you don't need to use a screw driver to remove the headlight bulb connector, it has two push in parts, one either side, squeeze there and they slide off easily.

Yes the Micra uses H4 12v 60/55w bulbs. Be careful not to use high wattagebulbs as they may not only melt existing wiring but also meld / discolour lens reflector.

I use 100/80w in mine, no melted wiring or discoloured lenses yet, I've had mine in for at least two years.

All arrived :)

DSC00070.JPG

Decided to fit during lunch, so made a brew in my working mug

DSC00074.JPG

And off we set :)

Side Lights:
DSC00089.JPG

Normal Lights:
DSC00090.JPG

Will get night shots and full beam later :)

They do feel warm, Will have to keep an eye :)

Note: Can do a full guide to changing your lights if people wish.

igloo good job

Good purchase, I had them in my Micra, but working for a Lighting company I have got my self some NEW BLUE H4's these should be on the shelves last week. But those X-Tremes are extreme. Very good beam pattern on them as well. I put my xtremes into our lasses MX-5 which she'll be selling soon because she is pregnant and bump is nearly touching steering wheel. lol.

hehe :)

I've only got this car until february, So im just trying to see what bits will be worth changing when i get my focus :D

Back