Why Do People Knock The K12 ?

There is not a lot of info on the k12 in this site !, people don't seem too keen on them, Have I dropped a ####### in buying one ? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Its just most people on here were nissan fans, and renault came along and drastically changed the micra. The K10 and K11 are similar cars, a development if you will, but the K12 was a drastic change. I know a guy who worked in the design of the production line and renault even during production were always sending through alterations to suit the clio.

Nothing wrong with the K12 i miss mine. It's a taste thing when it comes to the K12. Also there's not a lot been done with them in the UK/Europe regarding Mods. If your serioulsy looking at doing something with a K12 you need to look at buying stuff from Japan which is expensive. Also The K12 knocking on in Japan and compaines are starting to drop K12 parts.

imo most people dont like micras fullstop! some people dont like the look of the k12, the price of them are quite high aswell. there are plenty of k12 owners on this site its just that they dont post up that much.

thay all get knocked! the fact that they are micras and people see them as granny wagons because most are 1.0's etc, people say they won't pull your pants and stuff. its only because they never made a sport model in the micras i.e the corsa gsi (people like them because its aimmed at boyracers etc) nissan only ever made the 160sr witch is classes as a sport model. young lads/ chavs dis the micra because its an underated car and it has a small engine captivity with not much modding potenial.

in the real world micras have alot of tuning potenial (if you know were to look and find parts for them etc) the lads who dis have never drove a micra and have never seen there full potenial. they just see them as a 1.0 granny mobile. you get people saying why mod a micra or why spend all that money on a micra what a waste etc its like saying why mod a corsa what a waste of money. people mod micras because they're diffrent, corsas are everywhere! aposse to micras! imo being diffrent is the future of car moding.

IMO being an avid micra lover i felt the k12 was everything the micra shouldnt be, it far far to big for a start and being a "micra" one would assume its small. having been in a few k12's i think they are nothing like any other micra they are big cumbersome, unreliable and worsty of all have renaults influence i personally hate to see the word micra on it.

but that my opinion i dont expect people to agree

also IIRC some contries no one even wanted (none sold or very very few sold) the k12 so the k11 was facelifted again, i think it was maylasia or something like that...

Yeah, Taiwan was the country, they brought out the Super March (alongside the K12 I think) which had LED rear lights (which quite a few UK K11s have now ;)), Crystal headlights, LED side repeaters blended into the door mirrors, new interior and a digital dashboard. Those are the things off the top of my head anyway.

indeed thanks james i recalled a post a long wjile backk iwht a load of pics of the new super march looked pretty cool shame they didnt bring it over here :)

as above not really a nissan or what a micra should be, Its far to renault just look at the horrible little thing!!

things are getting worst, other manufactuers have adopted this style....

TRENDS_MAR06_06TRIBECA_400.jpg

thats the new subaru tribeca, i cnt beleev the cars are turning into these stupid designs its making me sick

wondering if anyone got any pictures of the new micra coming out in 2008?

k12 is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it to bits. it is indeed too big to be called a micra but big isnt bad especially when you need it. i bought a 40 LCD with box etc and i thought no way it would fit into my k12, 5 min and its all in with space with spare.

k12 is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it to bits. it is indeed too big to be called a micra but big isnt bad especially when you need it. i bought a 40 LCD with box etc and i thought no way it would fit into my k12, 5 min and its all in with space with spare.

small cars are getting bigger and bigger by the the year, the newest VW polo is about the same size as the mk1 golf!

as for the K12, its a nice car

Yeah but the MK1 Golf is tiny anyway. I mean the Polos around the '94 era are the same size as the MK1.

its just the renault influence people don't like.

the k12 is a much better performer than any production k11 or k10 in the uk. just the build quality is pap.

as said all micras will always be seen as slow granny wagons, but thats why i like them, soooo under rated adds to the surprise :D

Only got the micra because i could not afford a Renault, I think Renaults ROCK !!!

The above is a P£SS TAKE BY THE WAY, I love Nissans:laugh:

Marmite !!!, Spot on there, I love the K12, Mates recon it should come with a hairdryer and high heels........Love them too !. (kidding).:devil:

I'm not a great fan of the K12, we have a few at work as loan cars (an 01, an 06 and an 06 C+C), I find they have a very poor cable gear-change (renault), over-assisted brakes (renault), and very questionable front suspension geometry (... uhh... renault), ours have all already been recalled for a number of electrical gremlins.

They are fun enough to drive but as someone else has already touched on, they are too big to be a Micra, that and I am not at all convinced about the electronic throttle control on the CR engine. Even the 1.6 C+C sucks lol, its just a clio, basically.

Sorry and all :(

i know my k12 is very french, but 25k miles and still no problem. we must accept there bound to be some lemons out there, may even be with lexus too.

ive heard theres a new micra comming around in about 18 months which should be right, the k12 is 4, 5 be knoking 6 when its changed and there is ganna be a name change ive heard! with a bit look ill be at NMUK from jan so ill try find out, TBH i can see nissan pakking up and moving production out of the UK within a couple year. sos not k12 related but u nar buy this month red line, the k12 march is in :D

I'm not a great fan of the K12, we have a few at work as loan cars (an 01, an 06 and an 06 C+C), I find they have a very poor cable gear-change (renault), over-assisted brakes (renault), and very questionable front suspension geometry (... uhh... renault), ours have all already been recalled for a number of electrical gremlins.

They are fun enough to drive but as someone else has already touched on, they are too big to be a Micra, that and I am not at all convinced about the electronic throttle control on the CR engine. Even the 1.6 C+C sucks lol, its just a clio, basically.

Sorry and all :(

Questionable front suspension geometry? How do you mean? They handle well enough...

Questionable front suspension geometry? How do you mean? They handle well enough...

One of our workshop technies was 14 years Nissan before coming to us, he said that the first of the K12s where suffering issues with subframe alignment that was causing problems with poor tyre wear, however even after fixing the subframe alignment and full laser-wheel-alignment, our K12's (and a number of his customers from the dealer he worked at) still experience very poor tyre wear.

I seem to recall the camber change on bump is a little lacking too, but for an everyday car probably not something I can rightfully pick on. I'd agree they do drive pretty good fun, but somehow feel very... sterile. That said, so does the Z33, so its not just the K12, I think its just me and modern cars in general. :suspect:

Hmmm, I drove a Puma today with a view to changing and you're not going to believe this but...my 160SR felt better! My 160 is a long way from perfect but this Puma was a massive disappointment.

My 160 has now done 8500 miles and I swapped the wheels front and rear at 7500, the front tyres had quite a bit of wear but I think that's down to me driving the car spiritedly rather than anything wrong. I'm forever getting the wheel alignment checked as I'm a perfectionist like that... :p

For the money, the 160 is a pretty damn good little car, it's quick, cheap to run, great to chuck about and I think the feedback through the steering, floorpan, pedals and gearbox is excellent. Granted the electronic power steering is annoying, 5th gear is a bit of a strange throw and the clutch is a bit snatchy but considering I paid £8500 for the car and it was practically brand new I don't think I have too much to complain about. Evo rate it too and that's praise enough...

The dealer attitudes stink though. I'm dreading taking it back for the 12,000 mile service.

the next replacement for the micra will be built in china or india.

NMUK will struggle to get another car after the Note and Qashqui thing have finished and thats coming from my dad.

I love my K12. And i love the way it looks. I think it looks better than any of the other super minis at the moment, and the 160SR is a bit of a sleeper.
I dont think the 160SR gets enough publicity, the new Suzuki Swift was in Nuts or Zoo or something gettring a rave review but the 160SR is just as quick and with more torque, and looks way better.It is also group 6, not group 9 insurance :D

I guess Nissan are not bothered in trying to loose the old people image. Does'nt bother Honda though, S2000 anyone :) !

the next replacement for the micra will be built in china or india.

NMUK will struggle to get another car after the Note and Qashqui thing have finished and thats coming from my dad.

i give it till 2012, after them are finished, so is the sunderland plant i think! be a sad day in sunderland when that goes!

Back