who can repair the dreaded stretched chain London/Surrey area

can anyone recommend someone or provide a quote to replace timing chain (or if recommended, the whole kit) on 03 K12 micra bought couple of weeks back. There seem to plenty of people selling the chain kit. I wonder why.

No fault light on purchase but engine cut out twice while driving locally and shows the P0340 fault code (Camshaft Position Sensor ). Was fine on a long trip at weekend. Would travel up to 100 miles for a repair by someone trustworthy who knows what they are doing (fixed problem before)

thanks for your time,

not sure where your from but any reputable garage should be able to do it. try the good garage scheme to find a decent one, also i had the timing chain problem sometimes it would drive faultlesly, other times wouldnt start, and would throw a camshaft postion sensor fault. perhaps if you let us know where you are a member may be able to recommend some suitable.

there was a guy on ebay doing QG ones for under £200 fitted iirc (a thread on almera owner club forum)
same hyvo chain setup as the k12,s, he (may ?) be un-pinning the chain, attaching it to the un-pinned new chain, and feeding the new chain in from the top (like the superbike mechanics do)

there was a guy on ebay doing QG ones for under £200 fitted iirc (a thread on almera owner club forum)
same hyvo chain setup as the k12,s, he (may ?) be un-pinning the chain, attaching it to the un-pinned new chain, and feeding the new chain in from the top (like the superbike mechanics do)

thanks - there's a newish add on ebay for £287 (chain only). No idea if chain only is usually good enough, or its better to do the whole kit. Maybe you can only tell for sure by taking the engine out - if so you may as well have the whole kit done to be sure.

its the chain that was at fault (now re-designed, with a different part number apparently) and if CG chains and sprockets are anything to go by, the sprockets will outlast the car

not sure where your from but any reputable garage should be able to do it. try the good garage scheme to find a decent one, also i had the timing chain problem sometimes it would drive faultlesly, other times wouldnt start, and would throw a camshaft postion sensor fault. perhaps if you let us know where you are a member may be able to recommend some suitable.

http://www.mukaumedia.co.uk/goodgarageschemecouk-how-do-you-respond-to-this/

Read this. Good garage scheme is not as it seems.

Not sure why you'd need to do that on a bike. Modern machines have the camchain on the end of the crank. By removing the tensioner and unbolting a cam sprocket you can remove and replace the chain quite easily.

No idea if this is possible on the Micra, but I would imagine that access is much harder.

Back