Which Motherboard do I have?

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
hey you lot.. Im thinking of building a PC... well to strip out my old Compaq HP desktop and make a mad SATA, RAM over loaded mean machine... something like that.. but I need a hand identfying which mobo I have and what size?

I tried using Belarc which gave me the name but no size or chipset numbers. There is this fantastic programme (freeware) which gives you full details of the mobo, system spec etc. but for the life of me I cant remember what it is!!

Anyhow Ive spotted a lot of bargains at Computer Fair in London... so the Intel Core Duo wont be a prob to get hold of.

Cheers

Download and install everest, on the system information page it will tell you everything you need to know.

Just a quick question if your making a better pc why not upgrade the mobo?

Shr3k

there is a program called si softwae sandra i think that tells you specs of a computer system or if you post up what model computer it is an the mother board number that you managed to find out i would glady have a try see if i can find anything

Just open it up, it'l say the make and model on the board. All these applications may not tell you the information you need.

ta lads... yeh I think I will upgrade the mobo... Im just trying to figure out the form factor... mATX or ATX... as I want to use the same case...

How many CD drive bays does the case have? that may give some kind of indication to the size of your case.

Hi James 2 bays...

quick results from everest state it has a mPGA478... is the m for micro? If so then thats all I need to know... so I can get an m-ATX board/psu

Other info:
Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D 325, 2533 MHz (19 x 133)
Motherboard Name Lite-On NR146
Motherboard Chipset Intel Morgan Hill i865GV

DMI:
DMI BIOS Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
DMI BIOS Version 1.10
DMI System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
DMI System Product HP dx2000 MT(PE199ET)
DMI System Version
DMI System Serial Number [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI System UUID [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Motherboard Manufacturer Lite-On Tech.
DMI Motherboard Product 08FCh
DMI Motherboard Version D01
DMI Motherboard Serial Number [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Chassis Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
DMI Chassis Version
DMI Chassis Serial Number [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Chassis Asset Tag [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DMI Chassis Type Desktop Case
DMI Total / Free Memory Sockets 4 / 1

Cheeeeeeeers

cheers

Just one last thing you may want to check first... Does the case have a removable plate where the USB, NIC, Video etc ports are?

If not, you'll probably find the new board won't fit, as the ports on the new board may not line up with the holes in the case! Also, check the PSU o/p. If you're upgrading Graphics cards etc, you may need a newer PSU, and if so, alot of cases come with!

Mike (HP guy)

Back