where is my grommet !

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
Hey guys

My friend has given me a huge sub and a amp for free and i have bought a wiring kit.....ive laid all the signal wires and wired up all my speakers apart from the power cable from the battery.....i know there is a grommet somewhere through the bulkhead but i cant find it :(

Can any body help ? for example where is it located and to i need to take the carpet up ?

thanks in advance

If you're looking for what I 'think' you are, its located just in front of the footwell at the passengers side.

If you open the glove box you can thread the power cable through.

cheers dude, am i better taking the glove box off....and is this hole plugged with a rubber stopper that i make a hole in ?

Look from under the bonnet into the area where the passengers footwell is, you will see a rubber 'grommet' like an 8 shape, ram some cable through there, half a metre should be ample then get inside the car and look behind the glove box and you'll see the cable, pull the cable through and hey presto, easy as pie!

Haha, I wish i shared the same eagerness! I wired in my sub a couple of weeks ago but left the cables running through the car.

Don't suppose you could return the favour and describe the best route to run the cables? I've done a search but nothing useful seems to come up.

Cheers,
Lewis

run your live wire down the passenger side, speaker wires through the middle and RCA's up the driver side. If you have a remoute out lead put that with speaker wire.

If you feel unerneath the glovebox untill the carpet on the floor stops, pull the carpet down a little and then feel around, you should find your grommet, you can see it under the bonnet too - behind the air fileter region i think

hey guys my wires are all sorted, thanks for the help ! i did it this morning and i will take some pictures of my amp later on tonight for you, also ill take pictures of the wires and where i routed them for you lewis, its loud :D

paddymarsden said:
hey guys my wires are all sorted, thanks for the help ! i did it this morning and i will take some pictures of my amp later on tonight for you, also ill take pictures of the wires and where i routed them for you lewis, its loud :D

Nice one paddy, glad to of helped :D

i fed mine through the same way down the passenger side of the car. i took the grey panel off (next to door) and then tucked the power cable under the door seals (big enough channel) and all the way to the boot in the lining of the car. Cant even see or feel the cable :)

as for best route, I sent my power and signal cable down the left. Pull the rubber strip back, take off that plastic thing in the corner. Pull carpet back and run down the side with other wires and did the same on the right with my RCA's

I did this yesterday and froze my balls off.

Power up the left, remote up the middle, RCA's on the right.

Only took me 3 weeks :D

Back