Where can I buy that Bright Green antifreeze?

J

jonkilleen

Sorry if this question has been asked before.. I have done a search but could not find an answer.

In my Micra I have Bright Green antifreeze (engine coolant if you will). Where can I buy some, I have checked halfords/autoquip etc including independant car shops but they only seem to stock the blue kind.

I know that it would not harm the system but I would like to get the bright green stuff (to replace like with like).

I understand that the green antifreeze is a Jap thing but you must be able to get to somewhere.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy it or any websites that I can buy from?

Thanks

Jon

The engine coolant contains special chemicals to help absorb the heat emitted from the engine, along with antifreeze and corrosion inhibitors that protect the lines which the coolant is pumped round. After about two years, these chemicals tend to break down and sediment forms in the cooling system. Periodically the system should be drained, 'flushed', and re-filled with fresh coolant. Usually every two years or 20,000 miles

Mine's is overdue a change, the water's gone quite dark - dont think its oil though.

I get Halfrauds coolant, and depending on the time of year (winter/summer), you dilute it to the correct amount. seems to do the job ok, the car never overheats or freezes up at anytime of the year.

Thanks guys and girls for your replies. No it does not match my handbag (i don't have one) and I'll look out somewhere somehow. Anyhows keep safe and I'll send another starter for 10 soon.

Bye for now

Jon

Nah its actually a bit of a joke over at cisco's micra files. There's another member on there who we give lots of #### for wearing a pink shirt. :p

chavs in uk wear pink shirts. they can also be seen wearing huge girls earings aswell. they are also the first to take their tops off while walking down the shopping streets in town(because they must be too hot). this leaves them wearing white shotrs and white cap.

thats right, it entertains me to watch them. just like bbc news 24 makes me laugh. insane and pointless to the surreal.

renault stuff is neon greeny yellow :)

Its not the chavs that wear pink thats the pretty boys, the chavs wear matching tacksuits all through summer lol oh and they only ever where 90% white 10% stripes... i have no idea how they keep their clothes white unless they rob a new set evey day from JJB sports lol :)

Renault stuff is also expensive - £25 for 5L! And it stinks lol - i know, i work for renault and i regularly get covered in the stuff lol

Important Anti Freeze Notice.....

IMPORTANT notice about anti freeze/summer coolant used in ANY Nissan vehicle.
You should only use genuine Nissan coolant in your Nissan. It has a special additive to prevent corrosion and will not react with the special aluminum components like the heater matrix etc which Nissan use. If you use anything other than the genuine Nissan anti freeze you will invalidate the wannaty on any component connected to the cooling system and that includes the engine. We have seen coolant components like the heater matrix fail after a very short time when used with other makes of anti freeze and Nissan have refused to pay for warranty claims because of this. We've been caught out several times by this and it's cost us alot of money because Nissan would not pay out under the warranty.
Nissan anti freeze is no more expensive than any other anti freeze so it's not worth taking the risk.
One other thing while i'm placing this post I was told today by Eibach springs they have discontinued there pro sport spring kits for the K10 and K11 Micra and they have not got any stock left to sell.

*shrug* micras are cheap and plentyful, probably cheaper to replax the matrix from a scrappy then buy nissan anti freeze :D

You only need 1-1.5 litres of Nissan antifreeze and the reset is plain tap water to change the coolant in a Micra and a Litre of anti would cost less than a fiver.
I'd rather pay that than spend a morning stripping out a heater matrix.

couple of quid for a k11 heater matirx as ian said. bit of hastle taking the dash off to access it though. i think most of us dont use nissan anti freeze in our k11 and our engines perform very well and are long lasting. though £5 for nissan anti freeze i cant remeber how that compares in price to antifreeze you get in a auto/diy store etc.?
i have never used nissan antifreeze and in my 11 year old k11 it was in perfect condtion when i removed it to do a bypass. i would have thought all antifeeze has anti corrosion chemicals in it? will have to read the bottle of the stuff i use to check it out..

nizzanz1 said:
couple of quid for a k11 heater matirx as ian said. bit of hastle taking the dash off to access it though. i think most of us dont use nissan anti freeze in our k11 and our engines perform very well and are long lasting. though £5 for nissan anti freeze i cant remeber how that compares in price to antifreeze you get in a auto/diy store etc.?
i have never used nissan antifreeze and in my 11 year old k11 it was in perfect condtion when i removed it to do a bypass. i would have thought all antifeeze has anti corrosion chemicals in it? will have to read the bottle of the stuff i use to check it out..

no offence intended but i think mph knows what he's on about :)

Ian said:
yeah, but ive also never had a problem with non nissan anti-freeze.

just out of interest what do you use? i always get mine serviced with the MOT

NeX said:
no offence intended but i think mph knows what he's on about :)
yeah i know matt has got the knowledge but i know what i'm on about aswell, i have much experience. and i have used/dismantled many k11.

nizzanz1 said:
yeah i know matt has got the knowledge but i know what i'm on about aswell, i have much experience. and i have used/dismantled many k11.

thats fair enough mate, maybe they respond differently under rally conditions something like that...

i just use a cheap brand from a local motorfactors. never done any harm to any K11 engine i have had. Winter or summer.

Back