Micra K13 Antifreeze / coolant

I have a Micra 2011 MT 1.2L. Recently plan to change its antifreeze. But I am confused by different colours and brands of antifreeze. There are options:

- Prestone antifreeze / coolant (light green, they claim to be universal)
- Halfords NAP-Free Hybrid (blue, recommended by the staff in store)

Any suggestions? By the way, I took a sample from my car, if it should be green or blue?

Thanks!

coolant.jpg

SplanK

Site Supporter
Ignore the colour - colour is not a reliable to determine type. You also have to be carful not to mix certain types of coolant, and unless you drain the block, you will inevitably end up mixing coolants! I would be cautious over using the 'find me a product' as they do not always display the most appropriate of parts, that includes over the counter advise from other places other than Nissan.

You can find my research here: https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/service-info-dig-s.73289/
Its specific to the DIG-S but my money is on that it will be the same for the Non DIG-S variants a well (but please double check!)

The cost was about the same as from places like Halfords, but the main thing is, it will be correct.

Do you know its entire history? IE has the coolant ever been swapped?

Ignore the colour - colour is not a reliable to determine type. You also have to be carful not to mix certain types of coolant, and unless you drain the block, you will inevitably end up mixing coolants! I would be cautious over using the 'find me a product' as they do not always display the most appropriate of parts, that includes over the counter advise from other places other than Nissan.

You can find my research here: https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/service-info-dig-s.73289/
Its specific to the DIG-S but my money is on that it will be the same for the Non DIG-S variants a well (but please double check!)

The cost was about the same as from places like Halfords, but the main thing is, it will be correct.

Do you know its entire history? IE has the coolant ever been swapped?

Many thanks. I read your thread, which gives me many new insights.

My car is not a dig-s, but a visia. I don't know what kind of coolant was used before or if it has been swapped since I bought the car having no full-service history. I think the safest option is to drain the entire system and put some new coolant.