Wheel Polishing.

Littlewood

Here comes the BOOM!
Just bought a set of banged up old Slot Mags and wanted to polish them up to this standard;

178665183e12144f4b06eac5596cc9067952a4a685f1650003e2dd62086fa5108b5a9d90.jpg

Does anybody have any recommended methods, products etc?

Cheers.

Work through grades of wet and dry, keeping them nice and wet, then on to polish, preferably with a mop in a drill. You can buy polishing kits on the bay for not a lot. Heavyer kurbing on the outer lip use a file to feather it it. You woult get rid completely but you will definately hide it. If you want to do simmilar to mine and paint the centres with a polished lip just key the centre and use a "car lathe" to polish the rim in super quick, finger print maintaining time.

Whats the specs of the wheels you've found?

Cheers,

The guy who's selling them doesn't really know what they are I don't think - the only info I've got is the PCD and the that they're 13 x 6.5.

They're really nasty - but no dings, dint or anything so just a lot of hard work needed.

nice wheels, looks like wolfrace. how much did you pay? btw i wouldn't start with grid like 40 or even 100. Id use 200, 400, 800, 1200 then polish, i think halfords got these grids in one pack.

I think they are some sort of imitation Slot Mags if I'm honest - Only 22.50 for the set so not really fussed. Just wanted them for the polishing project to be honest.

If you wanna be really cheap...you can use an old T-shirt, an electric drill, a wooden dowel etc and some elastic bands to make your own electric cylindrical polisher (obvioulsy you'll need the polish/cutting agent)...oh and it does work (used that method on my sc and cam cover) lol.

I wouldnt recommend for use on paint haha...just old stuff that needs the shine starting. :)

Back