Wheel I.D. Revolutions/Revolite

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hey guys im getting pretty naggy at the moe and could do with some pointers.

The wheels I bought last week have just arrived, they were sold to me as 'Revolutions' however they have MSW racing centre caps. A quick google of the brand brings up the company's website with there cheapo 'Revolite' copies. Does anyone know how you would tell the difference, they look real smart ( a very good copy if they are) but I definately dont want to of paid the price I did for them if they are copies.

The centre caps obviously suggests there copies but dont think ebay/paypal would accept that as a argueable dispute.

Also going down the google list there horrible stories of MSW Revolite's pealing and not lasting long ect.

please help, Joe.

Here's the trial fit. Ive had a ring around and one of the aftermarket wheel sellers is convinced they'd be the Revolite copies. Revolution's supposed to get back to me tomorrow, all I need is some solid proof, surely they must be stamped with some sort of 'Revolution' logo... Anyway Ive e-mailed the seller so will have to wait to here back from him.

They do look great IMO, apart from the extra work in having to lengthen the studs Id be more then happy to fit them, its just a shame that when/if I ever wanted to sell them on I definately could'nt expect to get that kind of money for them knowing that there not genuine Revolutions. Maybe Im just being picky, but hey heres the pics.

IMG00390-20100524-1834.jpg

IMG00388-20100524-1833.jpg

IMG00386-20100524-1833.jpg

IMG00385-20100524-1832.jpg

still look awesome though Collison! im sure after much usage you would get a fair amount back for those wheels.
i mean most people including myself are using "cheap" alloys not halfords ripspeed though (god no!)
but still mine set me back £330 with delivery new. and still look shiny. company even changed the tyres for me for free as i had tyre rub issues.
i know it may not be the answer your looking for exactly but whatever happens. your car will still look awesome! (Y) good luck!

Wheels2..jpg Wheels3..jpg Wheels4..jpg Cleanapril2..jpg Cleanapril..jpg
pencil.png

Thanks shaun. I know what your saying, the more I think about it the more it does make sense to keep them, just typical that the seller wont answer their phone now! Its in the best interest to do so!

I think more then anything it just wound me up that the guy had the nerve to mug me of like that, it was fairly obvious that I would check them when I got them delivered eh :doh:

Thanks Mark, I never think of posting on the RR boards. I'll check up every so often for a reply.

Right, opened a dispute officialy in eBay now. I e-mailed twice, text and called dozens of times but heard nothing back so I cant see what else I can do.

Its a shame really never had a bad experience with ebay before now its just sods law I do when there's a fair chunk of money involved!

Oh well I'll keep you guys posted.

How much life is there in the tyres, if you consider them as £50 a corner if they are good, or even £25 thats still a pretty cheep set of wheels if the condition of the one in the pics is the benchmark.

It's possible that the seller didn't even realise that revolution wasn't just the name of that style of wheel. Though the dissapearing act is a bit fishy.

Huuum , maybe I am being a bit over the top. Your probably right Mark, I still got a pretty good deal, think its just wound me up that I was told something they were'nt.

He also sold them to me as 4x100 though which is a problem on my end because they'll need to be modified now which you can guarantee will put some people off when it comes to re-sale. I'll sleep on it and see, spose I just want a explanation.

If the wheels have been sold to you as 4x100 and they are not in this fitment, Paypal will refund you as they have been sold to you as 'Not As Described'

If you really want your money back on this item, regardless of what the seller does during the dispute, if Paypal are made aware of the incorrect fitment of the wheels you should get your money back.

You might have some issues proving what wheels they are or aren't but you won't with the fitment.

I'm with Kev on this one, if they were sold/advertised as 100 x 4 PCD and are in fact Mini fitment 4" PCD I'd want my money back.

I believe the Revolites are a pretty good wheel, Revolution wheels really weren't the best finished wheels out there.

Thanks for all the help and info guys. Have decided to keep the Revolites for the time being. Will hopfully get the chance to do some trial fittings soon. Sods law that the engine crane I was using's broken so everythings at a bit of a stop for the time being.:doh:

Back