Whats up??

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
I just went out to start my Micra and all it would do is turn over. Oil is fine, attached a set of jumpleads and it started eventually - then after that it started fine, took it a wee drive and it ran ok, could it be the battery??

I removed the soundproffing from the engine bay a couple of days ago, but doubt this would affect it.

Anyone help?

Cheers

is it running ok now?

if the battery was flat it could be your alternator,that hasnt bein charging it,,

but also could be your battery has seen better days

cheap enuff to buy a new one,and if it does the same it will be your alternator :)

could have flooded the engine, did you start the car then turn it off quick for some reason? :S i have done this a few times, did it other day in fact my sister turned it off and i hadnt moved the car that just makes it turn over..usually we have to push it down the road then someone has to sit in the car in second gear with their foot down on the clutch then when speed builds up bit of acceleration and bring clutch up slowly then it gets going, just a matter of running it then round the block a few times..

hope that helps :)

Sounds like you flooded it. Happens if you start the engine for a few mins then turn it off and then try starting it again later usually.

Ed

i see i was beaten to this reply :)

if its flooded. Take out the fuse for the fuel pump. Crank it until it starts and dies again. THen replace the fuse and restart it.

Jus as ian said, or if u have time to spare let it sit for bout 15 minutes then start her up, she will b a bit smokey an rough but it will clear!

Cheers guys. I think it might have been flooded, cos when I jumped it, it didnt really make a difference. When the car started the engine was sort of "jumping" asif it was slightly blocked, but then cleared after around 5 secs. Yeah the car sometimes just gets started the cut off a minute later, usually when Im going to wash it. Just worried as my old Fiesta done the same thing about 4 times - low compression aparently.

1 other wee thing. What revs does your engines idle at?? On mine on the rev counter - you will know how it is split into 3 sections between 0 and 1000 RPM - mine sits just around the bottom line, which must be about 350-400 RPM, it doesnt feel asif the car is going to die and it hasnt caused any problems, juts curious.

Cheers

It 'Should' idle about 1000-1200 when its cold, sometimes even higher, but when its hot it usually sits about 800 ish. All of the K11 are diffrent tho, i'm now using a diffrent TB, so mine is all over the place, so i can't really say where it should be at.

Titch :kungfu:

Back