Whats this for?

It was folded up and tucked near the throttle pedal.

EDIT;

Pic aint great, it looks like a lead for the back of a radio, its proper nissan spec, not after market cable, just wondering what optional extra it could be for?

001rst.jpg

If it's from under the steering column it might be for the flasher unit or the thing that makes a beep if you open the door with the lights on, I learnt from stripping my K11 that those sort of things plug in under there.

It was coiled up just above the clutch pedal, alrm goes off if lights are left on, no alarm if i dont have my seatbelt on, maybe its that? I have a similar plug under the drivers seat in the navara that disconnected stopps the seatbelt alarm going off. Before any H&E police come on here, i work on building sites, driving from the compound to the house im working in doesnt need a belt on and i would look a right dik;)

I don't think K11's ever had seatbelt sensors. My K12 has a sensor on the drivers seat which makes a light pop up, but no alert chime like in various other cars I've been in.

Have you gone through everything electrical in your car? because i know when i wired my aftermarket radio and two after market speakers for the back of my K11 i had 2 white blocks i had to put a few wires from and move them around for my configuration of my sound system, they was a huge white one (i think 12 wires) and another smaller one (possibly 6 maybe 8 wires)

could be one of those, because they are right behind the central column so it could have been unplugged and moved out?

Have you gone through everything electrical in your car? because i know when i wired my aftermarket radio and two after market speakers for the back of my K11 i had 2 white blocks i had to put a few wires from and move them around for my configuration of my sound system, they was a huge white one (i think 12 wires) and another smaller one (possibly 6 maybe 8 wires)

could be one of those, because they are right behind the central column so it could have been unplugged and moved out?

One of the white blocks is for the front two speakers and two power leads, headlight notifier, etc. The other is for the two back speakers where fitted. So if there's no back speakers it could be the wiring is there if you ever wanted to install them, or if they're installed could check they're working. Although that doesn't look like the right connector/style of wire from what I remember of installing a new head unit in my K11. But good guess!

One of the white blocks is for the front two speakers and two power leads, headlight notifier, etc. The other is for the two back speakers where fitted. So if there's no back speakers it could be the wiring is there if you ever wanted to install them, or if they're installed could check they're working. Although that doesn't look like the right connector/style of wire from what I remember of installing a new head unit in my K11. But good guess!

ISO connector for a radio is what i thought, it has the factory unit and speakers front and rear, all work and all have factory cabling. Wiring for front fogs perhaps? did they ever fit an optional amp or double din unit to the K11?

Back