What's that noise?

Micra 110

Site Supporter
I had the Wheel bearings replaced a few months ago because of the 'woo woo' noise they make when worn but i'm still getting a noise which sounds similar.

The Clutch is a bit noisy ie: needs replacing but it's not making the noise i'm hearing......
Driveshafts maybe....?

Any suggestions as to what it could be? :)

cheers :)

Noise is coming from the front fairly low down.... It doesn't rumble, sounds like 2 bits of metal being rubbed together...like...'sssshhhhhh'..... but not 'woo woo'.... :) ??? scratches head...

probably the clutch release bearing mate with the car ticking over push the clutch all the way down and see if it gets quiet, if it does then its the clutch release mine does this atm but its nothing serious really just annoying lol

check your cv boots for rips. when they rip they let #### in and grease out and can make your cv's #### up

It's what sonic said, get the wheel off and bend the brake sheilds back all the way around.
Speedle what you are describing is the opposite of a bad release bearing it's probably your input shaft bearing making the noise.

thanks for the ideas, I'll check them out (Y)

Just gotta wait for the car to be brought back as the missus has it atm....

It's what sonic said, get the wheel off and bend the brake sheilds back all the way around.
Speedle what you are describing is the opposite of a bad release bearing it's probably your input shaft bearing making the noise.

aye your right their amy got tings round the wrong way doh! lol had a hard day!

right then, i had a look. The Clutch noise is definately on it's own. New Clutch kit now ordered.

Checked the Rubber Boots for rips = ok
Checked the Disc backplates for touching = ok
Checked Driveshafts = ????

I checked both Driveshafts by opening the Bonnet and reaching down. I gave them a good tugging and found that i have up and down movement in the offside Driveshaft. Not so much on the passenger side one though. Sideways movement is minimal on both.

Back