Whats needed to put a coilpack engine into a dizzy car?

I've been browsing eBay looking at engines to get some sort of idea how much its going to cost me when my 156,000 mile 1.0L engine blows :down:

I've noticed all the later engines have coilpacks rather than HT leads. How hard is it to fit one of these engines to an early car? I can't really think of the parts that will need changing.

you will need the ecu, full loom, throttle body, o2 sensors, any sensors ive missed, coilpacks (obviously) and a 1.3 (or any post 2000) gearbox, clutch and flywheel, in your posistion id just stick in a CG13DE.

im pretty sure you will need the inlet manifold aswell as they are also different, im not sure about the exhaust manifold.

Cheapskate, The CG10 will be about for a long time before you need to worry about having to use the later 1.0 engine. You really dont need to consider this at all.

Ed

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't look at these then. I'd like mine to get over 200k but took a gamble with no service history! I assumed the engine was pretty much the same, as the dizzy engine but obviously it isn't and judging by what you've all said, I'll search for a CG10 when needed.

Took it for its MOT today and it passed the emissions very easily so it seems its running well.

Only problem was that it failed on rust on the drivers side sill and rust on the rear drivers side seatbelt mounting. I've also got an overly corroded brake line to fix somewhere near the drivers side rear wheel. I don't know why that corners playing up so badly, the rest of the car seems fine!

Rear sills are a common rust place, maybe yours has just got a bit ahrdcore.
Is it just behine the door?

Craig said:
Rear sills are a common rust place, maybe yours has just got a bit ahrdcore.
Is it just behine the door?

Yep, thats exactly where it is.

MOT describes it as:
"Offside rear sill suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded"

My other spot of rust is:
"Offside rear seatbelt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded" - the problem with this is that I'm having trouble seeing any rust anywhere near any of the seatbelt mounting points. Could it be the sill again just within 30cm of the seatbelt mounting points?

The section of brakeline that failed is:
"Offside rear from hose to compensator brake pipe excessively corroded"

You see why I'm not liking the offside rear very much at the moment!

Do they say if it is the lower or the upper seatbelt mount? I would assume that it is the lower one and it is just the rust from thesill that they are referring to, there must be a way to stop rust occuring in that place though.

MOT rust issues

Unfortunately they weren't that helpful. I'm pretty certain that it must just be the rust on the sill, but before I try to weld it up (which may not be my best idea ever!) I'll ask them whether there's more than one patch.

I'm tempted to get them to weld it up just to cure the problem once and for all. I had rust in almost exactly the same spot on my 200sx that I only got welded up by a garage about a week ago albeit not so bad. I hate the stuff! Luckily my front cross member is fine as are my chassis rails, I can just about cope with sills.

Just thought, this threads gone off on one hell of a tangent considering its supposed to be about engine swaps :glance:

Back