What Spark Plugs for K10

bigyellowsub

Club Member (Trial)
Hi people...
I got 4 spark plugs.
Bosch Super 4 Model: 510 FR 78 X

Can't find any info on web for it and wondering if there suitable for my K10 Micra. These look pretty standard.

What spark plugs fit a K10 Micra? Is there a specification to what fits a K10?
Thanks for any help in advance.

sparky

I dont know the answer to your question im afraid. But there is a simple way to find out.
Pop into your nearest Halfords and use their spark plug fittment book that should be attached to the shelf next to the spark plugs. This will tell you the type you need for your K10.

Craig

Bosch super 4 in my experience are very unreliable... you may want to reconsider!

Thanks for that advice. I won't be installing them. Just found out from service history that they had been replaced within the last year. I will now try flogging them on ebay...

bosch super 4 are rubbish i had nothing but problems with them like slim said NGK's the v groove ones are superb!!! go fo them :D

SammoHung said:
Ed,

From your experience, what types of failures have you had from these plugs and roughtly how frequent for each?

Cheers

I had total breakdown on a set of super 4s on less than 1000 miles on the ST, I couldnt even see a failure but as soon as the car came on boost Brrrrrrrrr missfire. Changed over to normal plugs and it was perfect. Then again on a normal K10 strange ignition problems which acually led to a plug fouling up. I really gave them a good chance also, but twice on two sets and similar stories from friends has basically put me off them now. I'm afraid I cannt be any more scientific than that in my decision!

Slim said:
bosch HT leads aren't much better either

i had a set for less than 3 months and they rotted inside total crap TBH the cheap halfords one's where much better in comparison

The best leads are official Nissan ones, i've had problems with both Bosch and Halfords ones. They may cost three times as much as others but are by far the best available.

Cheers Ed,

That sounds like a real raw deal on both occasions.

I started with the budget single earth type, then tried the copper core (higher temperature) alternatives. Eventually moving onto the V-grove and now (as it turns out) the bosch super 4.

My choices were not contrived. I just purchased the only onnes that were stokked on the shelf in the local H'ds at the time.

I have to say that all of these types have been fine (so-far) for me. The only real difference is that the latter 3 types mentionned seemed to last longer (posative electrode wear). and although every set of new plugs boosted fuel econnomy noticably, the V grove and the super 4 sustained that boost for a longer period. Ive only had (this) one set of the BOSCH but they were pricey compared with the others and for no real benefits....and they were a ##### to get out of the plastic blister packaging!!!

I wonder if bosch just have had a period of manufacturing defects??

about the HT leads... mine are original Nissan ones (15 years old...) will that make a difference?

Shurely its either working or not, so how can a different HT lead make a difference.

Ive always seen these aftermarket ones as a performance gimmick or a cosmetic bit for under the bonet.

What do you guys think?

the insulating rubber on the leads DOES perrish and over time becomes less of an insulator than when they were new.

Also teh conductor core can break in old leads caising internal sparking inside of the leads...this means that the spark you get at the plugs is weaker

if you want to see what difference HT leads make to a car, take them off and try starting it.

They are very important, and often overlooked.

Usualy the source of a misfire in the moring, and they become old and the insulators perish and the internal core breaks up.

Back