what colours are for what???

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
im needing some help installing my digital clock from a super s in to my ls now the colours i have on the clock are:

green/white
blue/white
white
black

i had a look in the haynes and it show different colours to that above

You can't expect someone to reply in 15 minutes lol!!! :) Think there is a guide to this in the k10 section. Have a gander in there.

The original wiring for the digital clock is under the carpet under the drivers seat in my k10.. maybe its there for you too?.

I remember seeing it when i took my carpet out but didnt realise what it was for at the time. Unfortunatly, to use it for the clock, you'l need to take the front seats / plastics etc out to get to it and to wire it in!

Edit - you need to take the carpet out too! probably not worth all the hassle

The super S digital clock has 4 dirrerent coloured wires.

Black is earth, Red is for illumination switching, Brown for switched power and Green for permanent power.

Arnold your a star i had a feel for the wire but i couldnt find any round the clock area so i thought there wasnt due to it being a ls, i didnt think it would be under the seat so im gunna have a look tomorrow for the connector now

ive got a L base and had a look for the wire and all i could find is a wire going to the box under the passenger seat.

wishfull thinking

can anyone confirm that the post that slim done is accurate, i m gonig to make myself up a bit of loom

Havent done what slim suggested but the OEM wire / connector will definitly be under there somewhere - on the drivers side, not the passenger side

Im gonna take my seat out and pull the carpet up and see if i can get mine installed. If i do, i'l take a picture to show you guys where it is!

Slim's suggestion would work just as fine if you use alternative power sources etc. He knows what hes talking about

ill take youre word for it as i really cant be bothered to make up a loom, im gonig to take the seat out and the front carpet now ill post up if its not there, i had a feel last night and couldnt find anything though

had a look definatly no wire on a L, there is a loom running down the cill of the driver, this is for rear light defogger, wiper etc. there is a take off that passes under the derivers seat that goes to the box under the passenger seat and the handbrake light but no clock wire unfortunatly, going to make up loom now with slims instructions.

it must be on LS and abouve for the wire, strange as i had loom for rear wiper- must be standard on all K10's

I have an L model made and theres one in mine! im sure that was what it was for as there's nothing else under there which needs power!

i looked for it but not hard just shoved my hand under the carpet and couldnt feel anything,

but i found if you carefully take off the digital clocks main surround, on the circuit board it tells you what wire does what, only problem is that you got to wire in 4 wires, i wired mine to the wires on the radio

in the new year im going to start changing the brown interior to black, so when i change the carpet i will have a better look

sorted mine today, cheers for the guide slim, one question for thoes with clocks the illumination actually dims the light a bit so its not so lary at night, is this the same for everyone else?

ohc_turbo said:
sorted mine today, cheers for the guide slim, one question for thoes with clocks the illumination actually dims the light a bit so its not so lary at night, is this the same for everyone else?

yes, when the lights are on the clock should dim a little

Right i've found the wire i was on about and you can see where it lives in the picture below. Its the black wire at the bottom of the picture with the plastic connector on the end!

You can see where in the car it is by looking at the location of the handbrake

6.digiclock.jpg

Arnold said:
Thats the yellow cable

lol i must be going mad, i looked at that pic for ages and i thought whats he going on about lol

mine didnt come with that, wish it did, it would have saved me making a loom up, thats what i get for buying a L micra

Mine's an L tho!! You have to remember digital clocks were fitted in models going back to like 1984! There's no reason why they should have removed the wiring, usually just the accessory attached e.g. the light in the boot and in this instance, the digital clock! the connectors are there, but nothing else. Just seems a little odd thats all!

Arnold

mines a H reg L, it had the wires for the rear wiper, i had to change the dashboard loom for the swich though, definatly no clock wires? whats this light in the boot, quite handy to have a light in the boot, going down the scrappy at the weekend might be able to get one if i know where it was located

when you open up the boot, on the right hand wall in the plastic there should either be a light - its a few inches wide and has a white cover on it. If its not there, you'l have an indent on the plastic where the light should go.

On the right hand light cluster behind the plastic, there'l be two cables (iirc) a black and an orange cable, with a plastic connector on the end. This is what the light connects to! Disconnect this, and i think you need to remove the white cover on the light and unscrew it from the plastic. The light will soon be free and easily removable.

Hope that helps!

just had a look, there seems to be a unused connector near where the rear wiper loom was found, there is a red and a black wire with a fairly large blue connector on it, i cant see anywhere on the panel where the light would connect to, maybe id have to get the higher spec panel for the light to be screwed into

Yes you probably would, but you could probably get away with cutting a hole.

I cant use my car for reference as ive ripped all the boot plastics out, however i'l get a picture of the connector later on for you.

Im not 100% sure about the colours, i was doing that from memory (which isnt very good at the mo) but i'l let ya know when i find out

can you post a pic up of how youre boot looks without any plastic in, have you got youre car strupped then?

ok the best shot i can find at the moment is

15.DSC00532.jpg

Im still looking for something better tho! if i cant find anything, i'l just take some more for you

Its VERY VERY loud!!!!!! but the good thing about it is the sound quality is incredible!! Not just droney bass which sounds crap... everything works well together - and turns heads!

Cost enough tho but definitly worth it!

Audiodemo.jpg

thanks for the pic

what have you done about the holey bit around the side?
what made you take it out by interest

i dont know whether to GSX the car up or take out all carpet and trim and replace door cards with aluminum plate yet, decisions descions, im likeing the stripped idea at the mo though

I just want to tell you all, that couple days ago I was installing the digital clock... I took both seats out, raised the carpet... and there was no cable for the clock :(
I had to search for the right cables couple of minutes, and finally i used the fabric radio loom... everything works fine...

and for every LX user... THERE IS NO DIGITAL CLOCK WIRE IN K10 LX !!!

Back