What are these connectors used for

There are two connectors in the pics shown one of them is live the one with
two connectors and one with four pins inside there off a nissan micra k11
small12022012403.jpg
small12022012404.jpg
small12022012402.jpg
small12022012401.jpg
small12022012397.jpg

The first one with the 2-pin connector is for the boot light. The second larger 4pin connector is for the rear speakers like this one:

RearSpeakers.jpg

e81914b0.jpg

Some lower spec cars still have connectors for which you can 'up-spec' your car to fit these extras if they were not sold with them as new. Some options are simply plug 'n' play, many others are not.

Fitting OE spec rear speakers is simply plug 'n' play if you can find a rear Micra parcel shelf with speakers as the one above. I was lucky to find the one I have above in a scrappy.

The boot light is not plug 'n' play. You need some sort of boot lock mechanism from the higher spec cars plus the boot light itself and possibly a loom if one is not fitted. I'm still pretty flummoxed regarding the boot light despite it being sort of explained on a couple of other threads.

Thanks

sterling i might buy a set of speakers in lidl thay had them in there i while ago for €20 and then find a speaker loom from the scrapyard and rig them up that way and find a boot light. I just recently put on a tailgate cable puller wich was not on my micra its a pain having to switch off the engine all the time.

hello
baguete i have it sorted thnaks the picture of the cable with the two connectors is the bottom picture down on my post at the top

Great stuff, glad to be of help. I too would like to fit a tailgate puller but I'm not sure how much work is needed and where the wires should go. Though I know what you mean as I too am fed up of having to switch the engine off. My Rover has tailgate/petrol cap access puller so when i use the Micra I foget I have to turn the engine off.

The one with 2 wire is located where?

The one with the 2 wires are locted near the rear speaker connectors, if its not on the small protuding prong seen in my second pic where the speaker connector is hanging from, then it might be hanging down somewhere near the rear light.

I will check on mines, as i have boot light and rear speakers on all my Micras never saw just the connectors... lol

on the 4 pin connector in the boot i cut and connected with a block connector to the speakers but they dont work anyone got ideas why :/

Do you have an aftermarket stereo? If so, did you bought the ISO adapter with the 4 wires for the rear speakers or just the normal adapter?

urm when i did this i had some of the wires abit muddles so the quility was awlful and they wernt very loud, maybe check the wireing to make sure its the right way round, or is there nothing coming out at all?

I'm pretty sure there is nothing comming out at all I put my finger on it to see if i could feel vibrations but couldnt
I wired them right speaker + wire to red black stripe (i think ) and -ve wire to black red stripe :/ then cant remeber the other speaker but i did it on + to which one had right ish colours for + and neg to the other one but i swapped them about a bit and got nothing

ive already got an aftermarket head unit in which was put in by the previous owner how would i tell if it had an iso adapter on?

ive already got an aftermarket head unit in which was put in by the previous owner how would i tell if it had an iso adapter on?

Take the stereo out, check the wires behind, an ISO adaptor looks a bit like this:

nissan_iso_connector.jpg

Basically, the ISO adaptor would be connected between the stereo and the original wires.

For boot light the wiring is stright forward, but you need a tailgate latch with a switch, or you can put a switch in the boot somewhere. I was using a stick on light from poundland which i stuck under parcel shelf. But i just bought a boot latch with switch.
To wire it use the latch swith to connect to earth, so when boot opens the earth is connected to negative side of light bulb or LEDs. the positive is connected to positive side of bulb/LEDs.(You can put a switch anywhere in a circuit, it doesnt have to be on a live wire).
I am hoping theres a permanent live wire somewhere in the connector for tailgate loom, i havnt done it yet.
I am just researching how to get a wire down the tube into the tailgate? Im assuming i can just pull the cover back to get access to wires and connectors? Havnt looked at it yet.

Back