What alloys?

W

waj1234

Hi everyone. New here so be gentle!

My wife has a 2000W 1.0i 16v celebration in red and was all for selling it but she has had from new and only done 23k so persueded her to keep it.

I want to put alloys on it and lower it next followed by exhast and induction kit.

I have seen some alloys locally which have come off a polo the seller says but wondered if they will fit. I have checked to see if similar fitment and they are but wanted to be certain before I go tomorrow. Otherwise I will go the new route. They have 195/50/15 on two of the wheels and 195/45/15 on the other two Wheels. Will they be best with 50's or 45's on em?
I would upload an image if I knew how.

Thanks in advance.

Ps any other tips to get a little more performance from her would be great too.

Simon.

wel basically wat ur doin with exhaust and induction will help a bit but not much as it is only 1.0, n as for wheels get 195/45/15 as this only puts out speedo by 3%.

www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/ put the pics on there n put the link up like this
take link out n put in web address link, this will let us see the pix

good luck with the car n welcome to the site, were u from?

:D

Thanks for the reply. The alloys have now sold so went for these instead.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8024629682&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

I may just stick to cosmetic stuff if its not worth tuning side. Alloys and lowering and not sure what else next. I am in Leeds.

I have a pug estate as family car but love going out in micra for a spin, shame it does not have a bit more power though. Probably cheaper to buy bigger engined car than fitting any mods or even new engine. Always like micra but did not realise how good they could look till I did a bit of googling.

Cheers

Simon.

i got 1 for sale, black super s 1.3. good runner im selling for 1000 with 89k on the clock stanard too so u can still mod it, anyway u thoy bout some 14s? this way u wont lose as much power due to size, plus looks good and will handle good?

K11SS said:
i got 1 for sale, black super s 1.3. good runner im selling for 1000 with 89k on the clock stanard too so u can still mod it, anyway u thoy bout some 14s? this way u wont lose as much power due to size, plus looks good and will handle good?

Dont really need a new one at the moment as trying just to save a few quid by keeping this one. Spending a bit on it in way of cosmetic mods will help her love it again and since she has owned it from new and only 23k its got lots of life left. I dont think performance has ever been an issue with her either though she complains now and then about overtaking being hard. But if she looks nice she will be happy. She has shown interest in a body kit too but I am unsure at the moment.

I have already bought them 15" alloys now.

Simon.

blatant plug lol

good to have another member on board, stick to wheels lowering and a spoiler. maybe a backbox and a filter if you want a little noise.

tommo said:
blatant plug lol

good to have another member on board, stick to wheels lowering and a spoiler. maybe a backbox and a filter if you want a little noise.

Yeah got wheels ordered and about to get some springs to take it down the 35mm but anyone recomend some? Cheap please as not have to be the best as only covers 4k a yr there abouts. Seen some for about 85 quid inc del somewhere. Then maybe a back box when other falls off so any recomendations for one of them too would be good.

She fancied a body kit but I am not so sure, maybe get some front spots if standard bumper dont take em maybe new one.

I will do some before and after pics in next week or so too.

Simon.

for springs, aim for entry level ones, pi or g-max, there not too hard of a ride, unlike spax which are a bit harder. back box, look for janspeed or peco, which are direct fit. for bodykits, dont bother, too much money and effort. go for a super s/si/sr kit with is oem on sports spec micra's.

tommo said:
for springs, aim for entry level ones, pi or g-max, there not too hard of a ride, unlike spax which are a bit harder. back box, look for janspeed or peco, which are direct fit. for bodykits, dont bother, too much money and effort. go for a super s/si/sr kit with is oem on sports spec micra's.

Wheres best place for super s/si/sr kits, just breakers or ebay etc? Wud look good, did they do one for a 2000 reg one? Never seen one before, only k10 ones.

super s had different bumpers and a spoiler and one or two different specs, but the same engine as a standard 1.3.

20548.jpg

this is a pre facelift, for the facelift model (yours) you'll need si or sr bumpers, to accept the different headlights.

Right I will keep a look out for si or sr bumbers, preferably red to save re painting.

I may give her my 406 td and nick the micra yet!

Cheers

I have fitted aftermarket front fogs to mine and I think they look ok. I didn't go for the super s bumper option as I couldn't really afford to get it sprayed etc.

19-01-06_1515.jpg 19-01-06_0924.jpg
click thumbnails

My car's the pre facelift and obviously your's would look different but you get the idea that aftermarket ones can look ok :grinning:

Will these jamex springs do the job ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...itemZ8033367740QQcategoryZ40192QQcmdZViewItem

They are only 74 inc del so good price.

Wifes not bothered about it being a bit harshe a ride really as long as it looks good. she had a fiat scento sporting before the micra and loved the handling of that as it was quite a stiff ride and was like a go kart around corners so if it makes micra same or even better she will be pleased. Is it worth putting a strut brace on it or will it not be noticible and are they easy to fit?

Simon.

You can get a facelift k11 bumper which has foglamps already fitted. :wasntme:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    866.6 KB · Views: 216
waj1234 said:
Will these jamex springs do the job ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Micra-...itemZ8033367740QQcategoryZ40192QQcmdZViewItem

They are only 74 inc del so good price.

Wifes not bothered about it being a bit harshe a ride really as long as it looks good. she had a fiat scento sporting before the micra and loved the handling of that as it was quite a stiff ride and was like a go kart around corners so if it makes micra same or even better she will be pleased. Is it worth putting a strut brace on it or will it not be noticible and are they easy to fit?

Simon.

I have some of those springs ordered. They should be here this week sometime. Not sure when I can get it in the garage to get them fitted, hopefully next week. My fiance's uncle own's his own garage and generally just fits us in when he has some spare time so it all depends how busy he is.

I'll let you know what they are like once fitted if you haven't already bought some by then.

Haylz

From what others have told me you won't get any problems with 195/45/15 and lowered 35mm.

I currently have 185/45/15 and will be lowered 35mm once I get the car into the garage to get the springs fitted and have been told by lots of people on here there won't be any problems at all regarding wheel arches, scrubbing etc. :grinning:

tommo said:
no problem at all mate.

Good as my 6.5" wide 15 multi fits came today with the 195/45/15's on and a m8 said they will rub the arches, but he has never even sat in a micra!

The springs will be on at the weekend all being well plus alloys and an induction filter.

May not bother with back box as from what I have read wont make much diff but noise so waste of money. Hopefully filter will make it sound better at the very least.

Thanks for all the help.

waj1234 said:
Good as my 6.5" wide 15 multi fits came today with the 195/45/15's on and a m8 said they will rub the arches, but he has never even sat in a micra!

they wont mate, hundreds of k11s run lowered on 195/45/15s and dont rub!

all the best :D

Mate, you cant get the Super S / SR on your car cause your is a newer version, tommo correct me if im wrong mate but im pretty sure the Si bumper was the same shape as the rest of that range (98-00). As its a 2000 it may even be the Renault version.....

Edit: Super S (93-96) and SR (96-98) bumpers are exactly the same.

JayY said:
Mate, you cant get the Super S / SR on your car cause your is a newer version, tommo correct me if im wrong mate but im pretty sure the Si bumper was the same shape as the rest of that range (98-00). As its a 2000 it may even be the Renault version.....

Edit: Super S (93-96) and SR (96-98) bumpers are exactly the same.

anyone with a little sense will notice the difference in bumper shape around the lights, and as for the si sr super s saga - i drive a gx i aint got the foggiest which model is which year, apart from a super s being pre facelift only lol

mean micra said:
waj i have those same aloys on mine with 195.50/15 and they dont rub at all only when 5 fattys in and we hit a bump it scrapes at the rear...

nice choice mate

http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1900&d=1130678340

Nice car m8. Skirts look well and the alloys look good too and for £224 inc del u cant go wrong. I just asked for the 45's instead of the 50's after reading here. Is yours lowered 35mm there?

Top models:
Super S - 1993-1996 (Pre)
Then SR - 1996-1998 (Pre)
Then Si - 1998-2000 (Post, round fogs)
Then Sport+/SE+ - 2000-2002 (Post and Renault, rectangle fogs)

I think those dates are correct :)

Back