We're is the cat

Micra k11 cat

• Ok thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheers for the info

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It'll give you a few more ponies, but you'll have to find a 'friendly' MoT tester to get it through the test though as it should fail with the cat missing

I know plenty of them lol dial a test so what would you recommend for exhaust wise I looked at a cherry bomb was thinking old school

janspeed are good off the shelf but expensive £450 for a full system
I'm cobbling a manifold and exhaust together myself out of other car parts but general consensus seems to be 2 inch is the optimal size for the 1.3

Surely if you decat you will have to get the ECU software modified or the Lamda sensors will throw up a CEL?

you should just get an error message saying catalyst efficiency below threshold
So the unexpected readings between the first and second lamda sensors will not cause the ECU to modify the fuel settings? I know that on my daughter's P12 Primera a wiring fault on the second sensor on bank 2 of the cat, causes the ecu to increase the fuelling and throws a CEL every few days.......

usually the second ''post cat sensor'' has no influence on the air fuel ratio, it's simply there to inform the ecu that the cat efficiency is poor,
But saying that I'm new to nissan's and the info from the world of european cars that i've always worked on may be null and void here.

Last edited:
usually the second ''post cat sensor'' has no influence on the air fuel ratio, it's simply there to inform the ecu that the cat efficiency is poor,
But saying that I'm new to nissan's and the info from the world of european cars that i've always worked on may be null and void here.
Thanks for your help much appreciated

Back