Weekend's work

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Hey all,

I've been around for a while but never posted pics as it was 'just another' micra, but I spent all weekend working on her and I think its come up a lot better now, so I'm posting pics!

Car is a 96' LX, which just clicked over 310k! Original paint etc....

Here is some pics, work done this weekend:

- New KYB Shocks
- New Tein Lowered Springs
- New Thermostat and radiator pipes
- Replaced remote central locking for the third (and hopefully last) time.
- Built and fitted Jaycar Electronic Tacho (couldn't find a small enough dial style, so went digital)
- Re-Fitted and improved 10inch custom sub enclosure in the boot, no more rattles :D

I think the lowered springs make the wheel arches fit perfectly! Loving the new look.

As in THIS POST >>>> https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/46839&r=26

I need a new gearbox so if someone has one they want to part with let me know!

Cheers,
Matt

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
side shot

Attachments

• 46855.jpg
    46855.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 40

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
mik WROTE:

"wow, looks very neat and very clean. why did you change the remote locking so often?

few reasons lol, first unit I bought had a dodgy control unit, so I bought a second one (kept the original wiring) which had alarm features, this needed extra wiring so was a mess to put it, go it working but I think I stuffed the wiring somewhere cause it started loosing 'sync' with the remote and would just go crazy (until i replaced it yesterday, I had to unlock it by pressing the lock button lol, lock it with a key, the unlock button would unlock then lock again).

So I ripped everything out bar the actuators and did it properly. That will learn me for trying to create short cuts lol.

I'm pretty specific with my car wiring so the alarm always pissed me off how badly I had done it, so was good to clean it all up and do it properly.

Back