Washers and radio

Hi Guys

Just got a couple of questions: first the washer jets keep blocking on my 98 micra, I've seen a thread saying you could swap them for ones off either a sunny or primera, just wondering if anyone knows if you can do this and which one it is.

Also I've been trying to fit a new radio but it doesn't turn on. I've got the right wiring adaptor but it doesn't seem to be getting power. I've been looking at a haynes manual wiring diagram that shows an earth directly from the radio, could that be something to do with it or could it be the security system causing problems?

Thanks Guys

Hi Guys

Just got a couple of questions: first the washer jets keep blocking on my 98 micra, I've seen a thread saying you could swap them for ones off either a sunny or primera, just wondering if anyone knows if you can do this and which one it is.

Also I've been trying to fit a new radio but it doesn't turn on. I've got the right wiring adaptor but it doesn't seem to be getting power. I've been looking at a haynes manual wiring diagram that shows an earth directly from the radio, could that be something to do with it or could it be the security system causing problems?

Thanks Guys

Hey Lee,
When I fitted the stereo in my girlfriends k11 we had to run an earth from the stereo to the metal in the dash and it came on straight away hope this helps.
Tom.

Have you unblocked the washer jets with a pin? (carefully)
...if you have and they keep blocking it may be gunky/dirty/blocking further down the system
...no point in changing the jets if they're just gonna block up again...
when you get a chance clean out the whole system
the washer bottle and the pipes upto the jets may well have bit's of grime collected over the years that keeps getting forced into the jets and blocking them over and over ;)

Mine are completely blocked my grandad said I need to put an air line through them... (Don't have a compressor)

Thanks for that, I'll try to use the original mountings, that should earth the thing. I've unblocked the jets once, but I'll try cleaning out the system if it goes again.

Cheers again

Back