radio code? or is it nackered

I got myself an original cassette radio for the micra and the code light is flashing, but i dont know it.

Also the screen isn't showing anything. i've been having a look around the tinterwebs and most of them are saying it shows code or lock but mine isn't showing anything.

Anyways long story short what you guys think is it nackered or could i enter a code to get it working?

If somone gould do me a masive favour and tell me the code and ill give it a try.

the serial number is: BP6340X5906284

Part number: 7646 340 318

got the code, tested it, but i couldn't get the stereo working.

think im going to scrap it and get another radio.

any sugestions on what you get?

Last edited:
Its display has probably had it ;)

same thing happened to my k11 radio cassette unit ^_^

I'd upgrade to a cd player, just check your loom is in good condition, make sure you have the correct adapter (if needed)
And make sure you remeber to earth the new unit ;)

My brother changed my unit for a cd player (in my k11) and as he forgot to earth it it blew lots of fuses and the car would no longer start *facepalm*
Shame really, that was probably the only nice thing my brother's ever done for me <_<

Edit:
by the way with the calculator app,
I get 1842 as the radio code

Do you still have cassettes??

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk
I have a couple ^_^
Used to make my own mix tapes for my k10 and k11
The first album I remember going out purposely to buy was Muse "Origin of symmetry" on cassette from "Our price"
It was £5 and the cd was £12, that's a no brainer with the ammount of lunch money mum gave me :p

I came in towards the end of cassettes but I remember playing "park life" until it started to go wonky.

As for the radio I think your right the screen is nackered. Think ill grad a cheep cd player or something along the same lines.

Found one on eBay for 20 quid.
Post a link when I get on the laptop.

Want to get your thoughts.

I remember giving a binbag full of cassettes to a charity shop...

I think I've got one or two in the attic....mostly homemade Amiga/Atari tunes and stuff recorded on a fostex 4-track!

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

ive got a casset radio ive just taken out it says coded on it but it isnt as i took it out and was lost as to where its earth lead was (there isnt one ha ha its the aerial) in case you decide to fit a cd player but you can have my old radio its in cambridge or next weekend ill be near colchester

my mate in felixstowe has some radios from cars his dads banger races i can see what he wants if your thinking of usb or aux but that looks as cheap as they would ever come and from experiance they dont last 6 months , maybe i was unlucky tho

Back