EPS failed again and PS light on

I'm now on the third replacement steering column in just over a year - which makes four actual parts including the original one.

I paid for the first one and the next two replacements were covered by the parts warranty at the garage (Nissan dealership) as they said they had come from a 'faulty batch'. The fitted the third one under warranty again and assured me it was from a different batch and would not have an issue.

The third one has now just failed, it's outside the warranty as the warranty runs from the date of the first replacement apparently, so not sure how the garage are going to handle this. They have had the car for a week so far and still seem to be trying to sort it out with the manufacturer.

Why does the EPS keep failing? Has anyone else had the issue of repeated failure even when replacing the steering column? Could it be that the issue lies elsewhere?

My sons power steering failed (lots of threads I know), had the power steering replaced, now the immobiliser light is on. Took the car to Nissan who inform me that there is nothing can be done and basically the car is a write off!! Surely this cannot be the case, I know members on here have said they are aware of resolutions and would appreciate someone reaching out to assist in my hour of need.

PLEASE HELP

My sons power steering failed (lots of threads I know), had the power steering replaced, now the immobiliser light is on. Took the car to Nissan who inform me that there is nothing can be done and basically the car is a write off!! Surely this cannot be the case, I know members on here have said they are aware of resolutions and would appreciate someone reaching out to assist in my hour of need.

PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP
Here there is a very helpful fellow who may be able to help with power steering issues at marginal cost.

EPS Power steering column, what ACTUALLY goes wrong? | Page 9 | Micra Sports Club

The Nissan dealer is correct in that your vehicle is beyond commercial costs economic repair & that further repair costs are not economically advisable as corresponding economic value cannot be recovered.

Basically any repair is becoming increasingly marginal on an old car dependent upon how much time & money you are prepared to spend repairing it.

Good luck.

Back