Warming starting problem

Hi, I have a 2008 1.2 petrol Micra which has developed an interesting problem.

It drives fine but every now and then it will suddenly loose power for a second and then go again (probably twice a week)

More concerning is that sometimes, only when left 30 mins after a drive, it will not start. It turns over fine but will not fire. It will eventually go but sometimes takes quite a few attempts.

A warning light did come on the dash the other day so I took it to Nissan who test drove it, said it was fine and cleared the light. When I asked what the fault code was they said it didn't actually record a fault?

Any help would be really appreciated. Its only done 15k, I changed the spark plugs but that hasn't helped, I will also change the fuel filter this week just encase.

I had to take it to the dealer in the end. I bought my car as a cat D and repaired it myself, but it turns out that the accident broke a clip off the cam sensor. This eventually worked a little loose so sometimes the pins weren't in contact. Annoyingly im sure I could have engineered a solution to fix the broken clip, but Nissan kindly replaced it for me for £200 :(

Hope this helps, are you having a similar issue?

Back