WANTED TURBO/SUPERCHARGER

CMF_kezza4246

» CMF Member
hi im from gold coast australia and am currently seeking a turbo kit ( or supercharger if theres one that would fit) for my nissan micra 1.3l super s
its got a standard engine at present but i will be buying another standard engine to do up for awhile at this time i need a turbo / or supercharger kit for the one thats currently in, any people or contacts that may be able to help me with quotes for the parts needed or full kit plus postage to gold coast australia would be very appriciated. :)

CMF_SFJ

» CMF Member
Image313.jpg

Image216.jpg

go to site whats on the .jpg ..

kezza4246 WROTE:

"so these will bolt on to my super s micra 95 1.3l?<BR><BR>and jus realised its close to 5k is there a cheaper alternative anyone could suggest?

for a decent kit, and if the yen was good, those kits would probably be a good buy (they're around the 250,000yen mark ussually brand new) you can keep an eye out on yahoo, but with the way the dollar is, you probably won't get much change out of $3000 for a 2nd hand kit.

CMF_kezza4246

» CMF Member
ive decided to build my own kit, im going with garrett t25 setup with front mount intercooler into 2.5inch exxy. i know i can get everything decently priced but the only thing i have had trouble finding is a place to buy/make the turbo manifold for it, can anyone here maybe point me in a good direction? i live on the goldcoast but i dont mind paying postage etc thx guys

smidge

» CMF Member
kezza: a custom jobby might be the go mate, there was someone on here selling the exhaust manifold plates, get one of them and a flange to suit your turbo then present to a decent welder with some steam pipe and there's your manifold

CMF_kezza4246

» CMF Member
hmmm sounds like a good idea, now im new at this been a turbo and all, besides ive never owned a turbo just supercharged (thought it was time for a change hehe) anyways the exxy manifold plates ok i can prolly get them but where would i get a flange for a garrett t25? and steam pipe well i sure dont know where to get any but what dimensions would i need? and could the welds break? ill be running at approx 6 or 7 psi thx

you can get the t25 flanges of ebay/autobarn/gcg/xtr etc. steam pipe can be bought from most local hose/hydraulic places. finding straight pipe might be a mission thou. as most places will want to sell you a 6m length. try going down to your local welding/engineering/fab place and see if they got a few off cuts of the same dia pipe.. i think its around the 32mm mark, allthough you could use 25 (1'') if you wanted too...

CMF_kezza4246

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

i think its around the 32mm mark, allthough you could use 25 (1'') if you wanted too...

ok cheers will look into it asap, which diameter would be best for a t25 setup?

ive also been given a contact who can make one for any car apparently so if i decide to go down that path what is a fair price? may aswell have 2 coz i know ones gonna crap itself lol

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
steel merchants have steam bends... it seems most people use 32mm... 25mm looks to small..but depending on your aimed results might be useful. do u have a/c, are you planning a top mount? what's your initial thoughts?

fred WROTE:

"steel merchants have steam bends... it seems most people use 32mm... 25mm looks to small..but depending on your aimed results might be useful. do u have a/c, are you planning a top mount? what's your initial thoughts?

very true. i used 32mm, chris's is 32mm but stainless, tony's is 32mm, but for whatever reason goes down to 25 before it gets to the collector.

CMF_kezza4246

» CMF Member
well the turbo setup im not sure what would be easier maybe a top mount? as for a/c yeh i got a/c would that cause any conflicts? and i suppose the overall power out of this engine i would like bout 110kw at the wheels but the other engine i will be building for it im expecting about 150kw+ at the wheels. ive seen the way some of the cars on here are setup and i would like to be able to see my turbo lol although i also want to put a front mount intercooler on aswell so what type of conflicts would there be if any? or if someone could maybe show me a pic of a setup that would be hassle free and look good it would be much appriciated, reverbs setup looks sweet but i dont see the turbo :( all in all i would like to rock up at a meet open my bonnet and watch the jaws drop :D

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
why dont you call HKS and get a nissan cube turbo manifold. Its around 600 last time i checked and they do sell them. easy fix and its going to work. A custom would cost you close to that anyways.

CMF_kezza4246

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"why dont you call HKS and get a nissan cube turbo manifold. Its around 600 last time i checked and they do sell them. easy fix and its going to work. A custom would cost you close to that anyways.

im guessing that would be the cube z10 or whatever its called? does it support a/c?

Back