want lopey idle for a CG

Due to the 1.0 having a funked chain and a suspecting failing oil pump im getting a 1.3 and with that I will be doing a few things to it.

One thing I do want is a lopey idle... kinda like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6xZ_sBG10g&feature=related

here's hoping I can actually get an idle like that in a 1.3 :p

please help me out, im expecting to have to go and get blanks and profile them up?

FWIW is there any company out there who do performance springs and retainers maybe performance valves? will be doing pretty decent headwork if I get performance camshafts and have designed an ASP signature edition replica manifold with the individual flanges... should see a big gain with that bad boy!!!

Hah, didn't notice this post.

A profile with more duration and overlap than the standard cams and in particular more lift at TDC than the normal off the shelf grinds that are out there. Our 264's idle perfectly at 800-850rpm and sail emissions with lower figures than my standard car.

Such a grind may not work very well with a stock compression engine, as more lift at TDC sacrifices a stable idle, can cause emissions troubles as a result and also lose you low end drive-ability.

Ask Frank on here, as he's experimented with lots of profiles over the years.

What timings are your 260 cams Frank? and do you know what lift you have at TDC with the regrinds?

What's the overlap and powerband delivery like?

Apologies for post hiking John ;)

here was the nice straight torque trace with the stock exh cam, and it pulls stronger still with the QG injectors and piper exh cam since fitted :)
and i.ll see what the overlap effect has on the next emissions test eh

Attachments

• SDC11788.JPG
    SDC11788.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 233
Thanks for the replies people no sweat on hijacking :)

JW why are the re-profiled ones a lot cheaper than blanks :S ... I kind of know what I'm on about when it comes to cams but don't know what re-profile means, as not had a proplem finding ones for SR20's...

Are the extreme road cams suitable for the standard springs etc?

Thanks for the replies people no sweat on hijacking :)

JW why are the re-profiled ones a lot cheaper than blanks :S ... I kind of know what I'm on about when it comes to cams but don't know what re-profile means, as not had a proplem finding ones for SR20's...

Are the extreme road cams suitable for the standard springs etc?

its just down to the cost of the blanks eh john, whereas the reprofiler is grinding "your" cam (and you have to replace that ground off material with extra or oversize shims)
and i had my old 1.0 revving to nearly 9k with the pipers in, and stock springs :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSPv0wIsPIA

Quite hard to interpret that power plot since our powerband runs to 7500rpm on the '773' grind 26/58/58/26 cams we use.

I have no idea exactly how much lift we have at TDC, I would have to measure. The cam spec is circa 1.70mm on the inlet and 1.65mm on the exhaust, however I do not know what that is in 'realility' ;) I would hazard a guess at not that much, since the idle is extremely smooth. Even when we had a stock remapped ecu it was smooth, much smoother on the Omex though when the throttles are all balanced.

I am however out on the clearances annoyingly. As I took Haynes figures of 0.25mm (in) / 0.30mm (ex) instead of 0.21 and 0.25 from the cam spec installs which were found out later.

Back