URGENT HELP!!! NON MICRA Diesel fuel system - running rough as F***

I thought i would try posting this on here as there are far more proper grease monkeys, on here than on the corsa forums.

Ive just changed the fuel filter on my corsa b 1.7d, along with oil and air filter.

When i started the car it ran fine on idle, but when i raised the engine speed it started to misfire, and drop dramatically in revs before dying.
Ive started it 4 times now but it keeps doing it. Can there really still be air in the lines? its been running for several minutes on idle?

Please help as i do need to get to work 2moz

cheers

My guess would be an air lock in the fuel system, did you prime the system properly after you changed the filter? (there should be some kind of hand pump either on the fuel pipe of on the filter housing...

well the manual says its a self priming system, just turn the key til it starts. and it has started several times. il have a look see if i can see any pump tho cheers bud

I had this on my TDCi Mondeo the books say it is self primin... but it wouldn't. I had to remove the fuel filter and then fill it with fuel then put it back and it ran fine after that. Messy horrible job

Back