CMF_tiSh

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 39394.jpg
    39394.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 40

CMF_tiSh

» CMF Member
o they are not yet lowered. i can still have one or 2 passengers at the back. but with limited weight only... want to lower it a bit. since i cant afford to buy lowering springs yet... i will buy 2nd hand stock spings and cut them.. so i can swith back to my original ones if they have scrubbing problems... just filled nitrogen in my tires. they feel a lot better on rough roads, and they are now more quiet....

smidge

» CMF Member
don't cut your springs, dodgy...

lowering springs aren't that expensive

check out king springs, i have them in my car they are fine

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
chopped stock springs will props rub esp with big 17'' wheels as they are not stiff engough, espically with it lower. heres a diagram!

untitled.jpg

as you can see from the pictures of the uparted springs, sat normal and compressed, the arch hardley goes near the tyre! where as the chopped stock springs hit, hench rubbing! this is due to them not beeing stiff like the lowering springs! also chopped stock springs can jump out of the rear axle cups! also the car will handle the same as stock as there the same stiffness spring!

trust me i know people who have chopped springs on there cars and say they will never do it agian! one of my mates went over a small hump bridge and his rear spring jumped out!!!

altough its not my car, and iam not saying dont do it!. its upto you,its your car... just trying to help a fellow owner be safe!

hope this helps lol.

Back