unusual noise

Just wandering if anyone could shed some light on this issue. Engine runs fine,ticks over fine,no warning lights of any kind. However,at 60/70 mph there's an unusually loud noise from the front end,sounds like something in the engine running faster if that makes any sense. Not sure though could it be engine or gearbox related,or wheel/susspension related. Or indeed as the manifold and downpipe have not long been taken off and replaced,could it be related to that? Its a 2004 E 1.0,101k millaege. And the backbox was taken off a c+c,only mod is 17" alloys. Thanks

I was gonna say the underside sump protector/plastic valance, however, on a 1.0 petrol, you won't have one (dci only) o_O

Possibly front wheel bearing?
Or as frank said, arch lining loose? Or bumper fixings on the front underside or corners

Going to book the car in I think. Want to have the exhaust joints all tightened up,and will ask them to check the bearings. As far as I can tell all clips for arch liners are in tact and they are all secure,I have one end bolt missing off the front bumper splitter,but isn't enough give in that to reach the wheels. Thanks peeps,shall let you know what's what when its resolved

Back