? Unit between mirror & screen?

My interior mirror is fixed to a black plastic box on the top area of the windscreen. There are wires going to it!
Externally on the windscreen there is a shadow area to hide it, but in the centre of the shadow area there is a clear circle with what looks like a small lamp unit that is inside the box!
I cannot find any reference to this unit.
Any ideas as to what it is or does?
Temperature sensor?
Central locking antenna? (Central locking is the problem I'm trying to sort!)

Here is the item.
There are wires coming downfrom the roof ligning into it.

micra2.jpg
micra3.jpg
micra1.jpg

i have never seen this before on a k12 my best idea would a sensor for either auto wipers or headlights
i`m fairly sure the temp is taken from the inlet side of the engine and mine doesn`t have this box but still has central locking so i can`t see it being anything to do with that

I just took a look around Tesco's car park, Found a Clio, Megane & a Nissan Note with the same "Gismo". There were other Clio's but not all were fitted with it.

Anyone know a good Clio site?:grinning:

That looks quite similar to a rain sensor, I know quite a few K12s came with this (it may be only when the wipers are set to 'intermittent'). Try chucking a bucket of water on the windscreen with the engine/ignition on and see what happens! :laugh:

Thats definately the rain sensor for the automatic wipers, when I had my windscreen replaced Autoglass did not refit the sensor correctly and my wipers would go from slow to super fast every other second so Nissan dealer had to re-seal it with a new gel pack.

Thanks to everybuddy for your interest, it is indeed the Screen / Rain sensor. A glass of water proved that!
Back to my original problem, not always locking with the key fob. It was shortly after I had replaced the complete aerial that My locking problem started & as the wiring to this unit is in the same vicinity I wondered if I'd dislodged something!

Electrically. Unlocks fine, every time on the key fob but wont always lock, I have to repeatedly press the lock button.
I have it in mind, now the rain switch is out of the equation that it is something to do with the back hatch. But it seems to lock if I open & close the hatch... Well most times!

If you operate the the lock on the key fob with the hatch open do you hear the clunk of the other locks operating? If yes then I have to think again!:blush:

Back